Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Occupational Therapist with Methodist Hospital Hill Country you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Hill Country, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Hill Country family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Occupational Therapist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Seeking an Occupational Therapist to join our rehab team who will foster an environment of teamwork, quality and safety for our patients. The Occupational Therapist evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treat patients according to physician’s orders; maintains required records and notes on patient care; assumes responsibility for patient charges; provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same.
What You Will Do In This Role:
· You will evaluate patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient’s age and development.
· You will document evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
· You will determine the efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes and the utilization of COTA’s, students and support personnel.
· As the Occupational Therapist you will interact and confer with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT’s and SLP’s to implement and assess the intervention program.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy
· Occupational Therapy License issued by the Texas State Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners.
· Prefer one or more years of experience in Occupational Therapy Setting: Acute, Inpatient Rehab, Pediatrics, Outpatient as appropriate.
· Preferred: Membership in the AOTA.
Founded in Fredericksburg, Texas, in 1971, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is an award-winning healthcare organization that has gained a reputation for delivering remarkable care. The hospital has been named a Fortune/Merative Top 100 Hospital nine times in its history due to its excellent quality, outcomes, and experience results. The recipient of the prestigious Malcolm Baldrige Quality Award, Methodist Hospital | Hill Country is the largest employer in Gillespie County with more than 600 staff and 225 medical staff members. Methodist Hospital | Hill Country, formerly Hill Country Memorial Hospital, offers state-of-the-art services like the Restore Joint Replacement Center and an interventional cardiology program.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Occupational Therapist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.