Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as an Anesthesia Coordinator- Surgery Center? At Center for Special Surgery-Texas, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Center for Special Surgery-Texas, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Anesthesia Coordinator- Surgery Center like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Coordinator is a senior technician that works in a collaborative role with the circulating RN and provides training and support to the other anesthesia technicians within the department in addition to performing anesthesia technician duties.
What you will do in this role:
- Coordinates the availability and scheduling of equipment and supplies used in anesthesia. Maintains designated par levels of anesthesia supplies and ensures carts are stocked with immediate use items for each operative procedure. Participates in evaluating new equipment/supplies that pertain to the anesthesia service.
- Consistently uses aseptic technique and correctly sets up and prepares needed supplies and equipment for arterial and central lines.
- Works in collaboration with the circulating nurse and anticipates the needs of the anesthetist; assists the anesthetist with arterial and/or central line placement, regional, epidural and spinal blocks and the induction of general anesthesia.
- Ensures utilized equipment is appropriately cleaned and in proper working order prior to use; performs basic equipment troubleshooting as necessary. Submits work orders in a timely manner for needed maintenance/repairs. Properly cleans and stores equipment after use. Schedules preventative maintenance as required and follows up on completion.
- Assists in orientation and training of new employees to the role of the anesthesia technician.
What Qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited Anesthesia Technology program preferred
- 3 years experience in an operating room setting, preferably in an ambulatory surgery center
- Valid BCLS
TCA Special Surgery Center is
located in the Texas Center for Athletes, in San Antonio, Texas. We perform over 350 cases a
month. Our Specialties are in orthopedic surgery, hand surgery, ENT, neurotology, podiatry, and plastic
surgery. Our center located and near I-10 and highway 410 and 1604. We are a member
of HCA Healthcare's Ambulatory Surgery Division.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Anesthesia Coordinator- Surgery Center opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.