Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) HVAC Technician today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) HVAC Technician. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
An HVAC Technician is a skilled worker who is experienced at working with HVAC systems in acute care facilities, or commercial and industrial settings. HVAC Technician responsibilities include preventative and corrective maintenance, troubleshooting hot/cold calls and services HVAC systems in acute care and non-acute care hospital settings. The technician performs tests and analysis of data to assure the proper functioning of equipment. The HVAC technician will be expected to reliably maintain all equipment per HCA Healthcare Engineering standards to ensure the highest level of efficiency and to reduce business interruptions. All technicians should be willing to assist facility management operations in other non-HVAC maintenance activities as assigned.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- Maintain chilled water system and centralized air handling units through regularly scheduled preventative maintenance activities.
- Perform coil cleanings, filter changes, test and balance activities, sensor calibrations and UV bulb replacements.
- Belt alignments and replacement, drain pan treatments, damper calibration and repairs.
- Cleaning interior of AHU.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints, specification and operations manuals.
- Verify correct operation of DDC/pneumatic control systems.
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs on refrigeration and other DX equipment.
- Perform work to the highest industry and manufacturer recommended standards.
- Follow all applicable federal, state, and local safety guidelines including, but not limited to, lock-out/tag-out, OSHA, confined space, PPE, etc.
- Completes and documents all work and labor time using HCA Healthcare Engineering’s CMMS • Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with the Division Senior HVAC Technician about equipment conditions.
- Maintain a clean, professional appearance representative of HCA Healthcare at all times.
- Maintain a clean driving record and hold a valid driver’s license in good standing throughout course of employment.
- Adheres to all facility policies and procedures while on site, as well as all corporate employment policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
What Qualifications You Will Need:
Education & Experience:
- High School Diploma, or equivalent Required
- Two-year technical/vocational degree in HVAC Preferred
- 3+ years of experience in a commercial, industrial, or healthcare environment Required
Licensure & Certifications:
- EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification within 6 months of hire
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds. We provide specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. We are a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence. This is awarded by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+. We have received consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. We rank in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our HVAC Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.