Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Supervisor Diagnostic Imaging today with Methodist Hospital Northeast.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Supervisor Diagnostic Imaging. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Radiology Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a high standard of work in the imaging section(s) to include: Efficient operation of the section(s); the supervision, instruction and assignment of the work of the employees within the section(s); ensuring the highest level of care is given to all patients; and ordering and keeping necessary stock items for the section(s). In coordination with the section Manager, assumes responsibility for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of section(s) equipment; establishes and conducts section meetings; implements and monitors section quality improvement plan that is in concert with the Hospital plan.
- Supervises assigned personnel and is responsible for effectively and efficiently staffing the imaging section(s). Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Works with Section Manager or designee on any problems relating to staffing, morale or work methods; initiates disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintains inventory and equipment service records. Works with vendors to ensure optimum uptime of equipment in section(s). Schedules preventive maintenance and emergency maintenance without disrupting patient care.
- Ensures efficient workflow in the section by getting patients started on time and keeping room turnaround time to a minimum. Organizes work in such a way that the structure responds quickly to changes in workload.
- Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, identifies possible issues and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
- Embraces, employs, and executes the principles of Methodist Excellence.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Requires one of the following
- Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
- Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
- Experience: 2 years experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a hospital setting
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Preferred: Supervisory experience Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: ALL of the following:
- Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
- Must have and Maintain American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (R)
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Supervisor Diagnostic Imaging opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.