Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At Methodist Hospital we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Transplant Coordinator Pediatric BMT and access programs to assist with every stage of your career.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Transplant Coordinator Pediatric BMT opening and continue to learn!
Seeking a BMT Pediatric Transplant Coordinator who is responsible for assessment of needs, education, and coordination of the care for pediatric BMT patients and their families required throughout the transplantation process. Communicates all aspects of the plan of care to patients, families and other members of the Transplant Team, other health care providers, and payers. Coordinates patient care from initial contact through the date of admission, and return to referring center. Works closely with BMT Search Coordinator and BMT clinic nurses.
What you will do in this role:
1. Monitors patient/family before, during and after transplantation for physical, emotional, psychosocial, and financial needs and intervenes when appropriate. Refers patients to members of the BMT team (chaplain, counselor, nutritionist, oncology support team, and financial advisors) as needed, and/or utilizes community resources when appropriate.
2. Coordinates the patient and donor pre-admission work-up and visits. Gathers and reviews all pertinent clinical information (including past treatments and outcomes) and presents this to the transplant physician with special notes to abnormal results.
3. Collaborates with direct health care providers to establish plan of care, facilitates continuity of care across departments (both in-patient and out-patient) within hospital and home health providers. Coordinates all services for BMT patients, and oversees National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP) processes as needed.
4. Coordinates the transfer of patient care from Blood and Marrow Transplant Program back to referring physician and is responsible for long-term follow-up, which includes but is not limited to: periodic updates on patient condition, coordinating follow-up visits with Blood and Marrow Transplant physician and referring physician, and coordinating provision of post-discharge necessary services.
5. Educates patients, their families, and donors to assist understanding of the disease, and processes and procedures surrounding pre- and post-transplant issues to include: expectations during hospitalization and outpatient period, preparative chemotherapy, common side effects of transplant, etc. Acts as a resource for members of the interdisciplinary team on transplant care and protocols to promote positive outcomes for BMT patients.
6. Communicates with interdisciplinary team members, patients and families, and payers in a timely manner to ensure comprehensive documentation.
What qualifications do you need:
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree in nursing is preferred.
2. Three years recent clinical experience in blood and marrow transplant/oncology and experience in case management/utilization preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."
If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Transplant Coordinator Pediatric BMT opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.