This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Nuclear CV Svcs Technician Part Time today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Nuclear CV Svcs Technician Part Time. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows all regulations on the radioactive materials license set by the Texas Department of Health for that specific institution.
2. Demonstrates technical proficiency in performing the following: MUGAs (stress and rest), first pass studies, Cardiolite SPECT (one and two day), thallium SPECT, Hybrid SPECT, gated perfusion, chemical stress testing (Adenosine and Dobutamine) and planar imaging. Acquires and processes all related computer data at a high level of expertise.
3. Maintains all quality assurance programs to comply with all regulating bodies. This includes dose calibrator QC (daily constancy checks and weekly channel checks), radiopharmaceutical delivery QC (swipes, surveys and documentation), maintaining daily patient dose logbook (assay each patient dose, verify each label, and proper recording), and camera QC (daily floods and weekly bar phantoms).
4. Maintains all patient reports including, pulling all previous reports/images, matching ETT data with nuclear images, presenting images to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, retrieving data from the MUSE, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech.
5. Practices radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA according to all regulations and requirements set forth by the Texas Bureau of Radiation Control and the Methodist Radiation Safety Committee. Assists with radiation spill clean up, room surveys, radiation waste disposal (storage, removal, and documentation), and the proper use and storage of personal radiation badge and ring.
6. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic procedures.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Takes call on a rotating basis.
2. Acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams.
3. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
4. Transports patients between the lab and other units; maintains cleanliness of the lab to include equipment and facilities.
5. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
6. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
7. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
8. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
9. Completes other duties as assigned.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Nuclear CV Svcs Technician Part Time opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.