Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Supervisor Imaging opening with Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Supervisor Imaging for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Radiology Supervisor is responsible for maintaining a high standard of work in the imaging section(s) to include: Efficient operation of the section(s); the supervision, instruction and assignment of the work of the employees within the section(s); ensuring the highest level of care is given to all patients; and ordering and keeping necessary stock items for the section(s). In coordination with the section Manager, assumes responsibility for the maintenance and preventive maintenance of section(s) equipment; establishes and conducts section meetings; implements and monitors section quality improvement plan that is in concert with the Hospital plan.
- Supervises assigned personnel and is responsible for effectively and efficiently staffing the imaging section(s). Evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions. Motivates employees to achieve peak productivity and performance.
- Works with Section Manager or designee on any problems relating to staffing, morale or work methods; initiates disciplinary action when necessary.
- Maintains inventory and equipment service records. Works with vendors to ensure optimum uptime of equipment in section(s). Schedules preventive maintenance and emergency maintenance without disrupting patient care.
- Ensures efficient workflow in the section by getting patients started on time and keeping room turnaround time to a minimum. Organizes work in such a way that the structure responds quickly to changes in workload.
- Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, identifies possible issues and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications and makes a report to their supervisor.
- Embraces, employs, and executes the principles of Methodist Excellence.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Requires one of the following
- Certificate of Training in Radiologic Technology Program
- Associates of Science or above in Radiologic Technology
- Experience: 2 years experience as a Radiologic Technologist in a hospital setting
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Preferred: Supervisory experience Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: ALL of the following:
- Must have and Maintain Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification from Texas Department of Health
- Must have and Maintain American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (R)
Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center is a freestanding emergency center. We are open 24/7 for patients with medical emergencies. Located in Alamo Heights, we serve this and surrounding communities. When you visit us, you can expect convenient parking. We offer on-site emergency treatment and imaging services. Our services meet the needs of adults and children. Patients are treated by Board Certified Emergency physicians. All staff are Emergency trained with extensive treatment experience. We devote resources to patients and employees alike. We offer quick access to our local hospital. Receive comfortable and convenient care from highly qualified staff. Join our team today!
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Supervisor Imaging opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.