This job posting is no longer active.
Methodist Hospital is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for PICC RN - Registered Nurse position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Methodist Hospital!
We are seeking a Peripherally Inserted Central Catheter (PICC) Nurse for Methodist Medical Center. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
Our Registered Nurses have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
· A comprehensive orientation process
· Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
· Leadership development programs
· State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
· Collaborates with other healthcare providers to establish reliable venous access as necessary for all patients requiring a PICC line, especially the patients with difficult venous access.
· Utilizes advanced skills to place peripherally inserted central venous catheters for those select patients.
· Participates in identifying, planning and implementing changes to improve unit operations and patient care outcomes.
· Qualified to function in the role of preceptor. Assumes responsibility for continued professional development and shares knowledge with others.
· Assesses and troubleshoots any concerns/problems with PICC lines.
· Utilizes assessment skills for venous access, to establish intravenous access on the patient with difficult venous access.
· Evaluates for predictable and potential needs of patient’s intravenous access needs in complex situations, and places peripherally inserted central venous catheters on selected candidates of all ages groups as ordered by the physician.
· Identifies advanced IV educational needs of staff. Initiates, completes and evaluates staff IV education activities.
· Plans along with other healthcare providers the teaching needs of the patient/parent/significant other, to prepare for discharge
· Demonstrates a good working knowledge of intravascular access devices utilized for intravenous therapy.
· Assumes accountability when using independent clinical judgment and established protocols.
What qualifications you will need:
· Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program.
· Minimum 3 years of critical care nursing experience with ICU nursing background.
· Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
· Will need to become certified as a PICC RN through an accredited PICC line course.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 800 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. â€¯In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our PICC RN - Registered Nurse opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.