Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Certified Surgical Technologist today with Methodist Children's Hospital.
Methodist Children's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Certified Surgical Technologist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Surgical Technologist you are responsible for assisting with the delivery of quality surgical care. You will be responsible for coordinating with the circulating perioperative nurse during surgical procedures. You are responsible for all major surgical specialty areas; including gathering and preparing sterile supplies, equipment, preparing/maintaining the sterile field. You will assist the surgeon by supplying sterile instruments/supplies to the sterile field in a safe and efficient manner. You will follow current AORN and regulatory standards and established policies and procedures of the System.
What you will do in this role:
- You will plan for and obtain the equipment and supplies needed for assigned procedures according to physicians' preference and specific patient needs.
- You will prepare equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's recommendations and specifications for uses during surgical procedures.
- You will open sterile packs, instruments and supplies for each procedure according to established aseptic techniques and protocols.
- You will monitor sterile field during procedure and takes appropriate measures to insure integrity.
- You must initiate corrective action for any break in technique.
- You will prepare medications and solutions for use during procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse, according to physician’s orders.
- You will maintain accountability for instruments, sponges and sharps, according to hospital policy throughout the surgical procedure to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in the surgical wound.
- You will take appropriate action if item count is not correct and will inform the appropriate staff.
- You will consistently follow safety procedures and protocols for Timeout when handling sharp instruments, powered equipment, hazardous chemicals and lasers.
What qualifications you will need:
- You must have a High school graduate or equivalent
- You must have a graduated of a surgical technologist program OR hires prior to 9/1/2009 may substitute with 1-year experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist
- If you are NON-CERTIFIED: No license, certificate or registration required for the Sterile Processing Department
- All other departments no license, certificate or registration required if they meet the below provision: Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
- If you are CERTIFIED: You must have and maintain ONE of the following:
- CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist) OR
- TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds. We provide specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. We are a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence. This is awarded by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+. We have received consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey. We rank in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. â€¯In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Certified Surgical Technologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.