Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Manager Laboratory opening with Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Manager Laboratory for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Operations Manager plans, directs or coordinates operations of the Laboratory multiple sites and assures adherence to the standards required for its accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Clinical Laboratory Improvements Act (CLIA) as well as compliance with standards of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Operations Manager supervises employees and is accountable for cost control, staffing, and discipline.
- Responsible for training and implementation of Compliance Programs for Laboratories. Demonstrates awareness of Medical Necessity Documentation. Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, AABB, FDA, and CMS, which includes patient chart audits. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department, and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures. Assures departmental compliance with CIA.
- Reviews and analyzes department activities and data to improve operations, and utilization of services. Demonstrates understanding of laboratory methods and knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Prepares an annual expense budget for the Laboratory multiple sites, adheres to the budget, monitors expenditures, and justifies significant variances. Anticipates, evaluates the need for and recommends new methods, instrumentation or technology for the department.
- Develops goals for the department and follows through on meeting these goals in a timely manner. Acts as interim manager in the absence of Section or Facility Manager. Assists other Managers in developing and implementing departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees quality control/assurance programs related to laboratory test methodology, equipment, and supplies; understands, participates, and applies Continuous Quality Improvement. Manages projects to include developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Director informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
- Serves on Education Committee, Safety Committee, QA/QI Committee and other designated teams or committees.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate degree, baccalaureate degree is preferred, and one of the following certifications: MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP),CLS(NCA), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), MT(HEW), HT(ASCP), OR HTL(ASCP)
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in clinical laboratory with proven leadership, communication, and project management across departments.
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that’s 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation’s top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Laboratory opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.