Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Clinical Laboratory Scientist with Methodist Hospital Atascosa you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Atascosa family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Clinical Laboratory Scientist to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you are responsible for performing complex medical laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease. You will analyze and assume accountability for accurate test results, maintenance of complicated instruments, and monitoring quality control and quality assurance programs. As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will be responsible for assuring compliance with regulations and standards of regulatory agencies, and managing special projects.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will perform specimen processing and testing independently to include moderate and high complexity testing.
· You will analyze test results an assume accountability for accuracy.
· You will understand, perform, and practice preventive maintenance on assigned equipment; troubleshoot and take corrective action.
· You will demonstrate pro-active problem solving skills to include identifying a problem and taking appropriate action; know when to seek guidance to complete troubleshooting protocol.
· As a Clinical Laboratory Scientist III you will understand, perform, and practice quality control management to include running controls, evaluating data, documentation of data, and taking corrective action as required.
· You will communicate any relevant QC information to Supervisor or Manager.
· You will anticipate and evaluate need for new methods, instrumentation, and technology in terms of customer need, cost benefit and revenue generation, and informs management about findings.
· You will assure compliance with accrediting agencies. Acts as a resource to customers both within the department and outside the department.
· You will manage assigned projects to include developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Manager informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· You must have an Associates degree; required
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Minimum 5 years experience in Clinical Laboratory setting is required
· Minimum License and Certificates Required: MT(ASCP), MLS(ASCP), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), CLS(NCA), MT(HEW), MLT(ASCP), MLT(HEW). Certification is waived for those with 10 + years of lab experience.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is a comprehensive medical center located just south of San Antonio, Texas. The hospital offers a range of services. Services include emergency care, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, and urology.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is part of Methodist Healthcare. We share 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care for uninsured patients. This creates a unique partnership that benefits the community. We are able to provide quality care to all and charitable care when needed.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Clinical Laboratory Scientist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.