Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Atascosa which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Speech Language Pathologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Speech Language Pathologist evaluates patients, sets goals, plans treatment programs and treats patients according to physician’s orders. The Speech Language Pathologist maintains required records and notes on patient care, assumes responsibility for patient charges, and provides technical advice to support personnel and supervision of same.
What You Will Do In This Role:
- Evaluate speech/language and swallowing abilities of patients who have impairments, functional limitations, disabilities or changes in physical function and health status resulting from injury, disease, or other causes, and synthesizes the data to establish a plan of care with therapeutic interventions and goals appropriate to patient’s age and development
- Document evaluations, treatments, plan of care, charges, and discharge summaries utilizing professional jargon that supports skilled therapeutic necessity and the charges incurred in a concise and timely manner.
- Determine efficacy of therapeutic interventions, technologies and outcomes in accordance with the Speech Therapy Practice Act in the state of Texas.
- Interact and confer with a variety of professionals including physicians, nurses, case management, PT’s and OT’s to implement and assess the intervention program.
- Assumes responsibility to provide Director with constructive suggestions to problem solve, assist with maintaining productivity standards and setting a positive atmosphere for professional development.
- Provides education, training and supervision of Certified Fellowship Year speech pathologists and speech therapy students.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- Masters in Communications Disorders from a Speech Language Pathology Program.
- Licensure by the Texas State Board of Examiners for Speech Language Pathology.
- Prefer membership in ASHA.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is a comprehensive medical center located just south of San Antonio, Texas. The hospital offers a range of services. Services include emergency care, orthopedics, cardiology, sports medicine, and urology.
Methodist Hospital Atascosa is part of Methodist Healthcare. We share 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare, the nation’s leading provider of healthcare services. Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. is South Texas’ largest non-public funding source of community health care for uninsured patients. This creates a unique partnership that benefits the community. We are able to provide quality care to all and charitable care when needed.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Speech Language Pathologist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.