Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Central Sterile Tech Certified - Surgery Center with North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the North Central Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Center family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Central Sterile Tech Certified - Surgery Center to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Sterile Processing Tech, under the direction of a Registered Nurse, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by assisting with the care of patients through providing properly cleaned, sterilized and highly disinfected instruments and supplies.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness and sterilization of instruments and equipment
- Demonstrate awareness of appropriate sterilization methods needed for different instruments in accordance with manufacturer instructions
- Demonstrate knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment
- Monitor and record all test loads and sterilization cycles and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Maintain accurate records for PM’s for equipment and report any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Test operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and report problems to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager
- Monitor all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use
- Perform required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips
Qualifications you will need:
- Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing
- One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing, preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment
- Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable
- Certification in Central Processing as per facility and state regulatory requirements
Surgery Center - North Central is located in the Stone Oak area of San Antonio. Our
AAAHC center is a top revenue producer forSurgery Ventures powered by HCA Healthcare. We
perform over 600 procedures a month. Our specialties are in orthopedics, ophthalmology, ENT,
gynecology, endoscopy, podiatry, pediatrics, urology and pediatric dermatology.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Central Sterile Tech Certified - Surgery Center opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.