Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Stone Oak which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Clinical Pharmacist you will demonstrate proficiency in all pharmacist functions by consulting on medication orders with nursing and medical staff, validating patient histories and current medication profiles. You will identify medication variances and adverse drug reactions using formulary alternatives and handling complaints. You will conduct drug regimen reviews and responds to specific polypharmacy, pharmacokinetic and medication/MAR reconciliation consults. You will recommend and monitor drug therapy as assigned by the medical staff.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Clinical Pharmacist you will consistently provide pharmaceutical care to patients of all age and population groups to ensure appropriate prescribing, route, method of administration, and length of therapy to include review of allergy history on all patients and weight for weight-based dosing. You will monitor for age appropriate response to drug therapy and for any adverse events from drug therapy. You will exhibit competence in pharmacy clinical functions and accessing drug / patient information resources including lab values.
- You will perform computer order entry of medication orders and maintains the patient’s medication profile. You will conduct therapy monitoring and other activities associated with the provision of pharmaceutical care including formulary auto-substitution. You will contact physicians concerning non-formulary drugs and completes documentation of non-formulary requests timely.
- You will provide continual guidance to technical staff as it applies to performance of pharmacy services. You will supervise technical support personnel in drug preparation and distribution systems and participates in competency training for technical personnel. You will perform accurate final dispensing check of all medication orders and completes required documentation.
- You will comply with applicable federal and state law, pharmacy standards of practice and US Pharmacopeia guidelines for compounding of sterile preparations and comply with organizational policies and procedures as well as Joint Commission standards. You will perform controlled substance documentation and distribution procedures accurately.
- You will perform decentralized direct support to assigned units within the facility including rounding with other members of the healthcare team when applicable. You will participate in activities targeted by the department including Clinical Pharmacy Reports, Medication Utilization Evaluation (MUE), food/drug interaction monitoring, patient counseling, etc.
- You will provide cross-coverage in pharmacy areas as required. Assists in times of short staffing or increased workload to ensure quality patient care.
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Minimum 1 year of pharmacy hospital experience preferred
- Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or
- Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak continues to grow and build on our reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. It is a streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care facility equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak belongs to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally invasive option to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under the facility’s world class team. The hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. It also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Stone Oak under Locations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.