This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for a Cardiology Practice Administrator I to lead operations within our San Antonio Division, where excellence creates excellence.
HCA Healthcare offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Cardiology Practice Administrator I role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As the Cardiology Practice Administrator I, you will support the operations of the day-to-day functions of the Cardiology Service Line. The Practice Administrator is responsible for carrying out all established policies. Works with and builds alignment with medical providers, staff and hospital administration.
What you will do in this role:
- You will report to the San Antonio Division Cardiology Service Line Practice Administrator II
- You will have 10 direct reports
- You will support the day-to-day operations of 16 cardiology practice locations (includes Outreach sites) that support our nine (9) HCA hospitals in our San Antonio Division
- You will assist with Monthly Operating Report (MOR) data and presentation as well as overseeing the KRA's for the Cardiology Service Line
- You will be instrumental in identifying and leading process improvement initiatives
- You will be responsible for the routine business and clinical functions of the assigned practice
- You will develop, implement and monitor annual practice(s) budget(s) by analyzing financial impact of changes in clinical activities and forecasting actual revenue and expenditures versus approved budget and recommend corrective action as required
- You will be responsible for all practice receivables and collections practices
- You will monitor purchases for each practice and plan a corrective strategy when order levels are excessive in volume or cost and communicates the strategy with the Division/Market Practice Manager
- You will select, hire, and evaluate practice management staff as well as recommend professional development for staff
- You will develop and maintain effective communications between all levels of personnel
- You will ensure regulatory compliance
- You will develop and oversee implementation and administration of internal practice policies and procedures in conjunction with Physician Services standard policies and procedures
- You will interpret applicable laws, rules and regulations and ensures the practice is in compliance with them
- You will practice certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties
- You will coordinate continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provide for practices certified as Patient Center Medical Homes
- You will participate on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in health or business administration is preferred
- Cardiology service line practice operations experience
- Ability to apply analytical and critical thinking strategies, practices, and problem resolution and troubleshoot issues
- Comfortable presenting in a customer-facing capacity, at times to senior and executive level leaders/stakeholders
- 3+ years work and supervisory experience in practice management of multiple locations
- Analytical Effective working knowledge of healthcare financial management, specifically medical practice accounting, third party reimbursement issues, patient flow and facilities management
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as an Administrator Practice. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.