This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) EKG Tech today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) EKG Tech. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for EKGs, rhythm strips, and signal averages, and consistently utilize correct lead placement according to departmental policy and have a complete understanding of the MUSE storage/retrieval system.
2. Advance knowledge of cardiac anatomy, coronary vessels, principles of electrophysiology and demonstrate critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for holter hook-up/disconnect and include proper lead placement, chest prep, skin prep and proficiency for the performance of Cardiodyne studies (Pleth). Scans and edits holters without supervision at a high level of competency, must have comprehensive understanding of cardiac arrhythmias and will efficiently and competently complete all stress lab paperwork to include flow sheets and patient consent forms.
4. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images/tracings, acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams, presenting paperwork/studies to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, log book entries, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech. EKG tech will ensure that all patient records are maintained private and confidential and contain pertinent and correct patient demographics.
5. Ability to properly sequence EKGs according to date and time to ensure proper sequential comparison by the EKG reader and be proficient of EKGs transcription into the MUSE system.
6. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders. Responds promptly to CODE BLUE calls.
2. Scheduling of all Non-Invasive exams to include, Echo, EKG, EEG and Nuclear Cardiology (depending upon facility) and provide copies of schedules as necessary for other units.
3. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross training in other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department/work unit or to permit flexible staffing assignments. It also includes flexing of work schedules to meet departmental needs and staffing at other MHS facilities and candidate will take “CALL” as necessary on a rotational basis.
4. Maintains cleanliness and inventory of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques for such equipment as leads and holters, restocks supplies as necessary, EKG carts will be cleaned and stocked at the completion of each shift.
5. Transports patients between the lab and other units and performs patient education about all procedures performed within the lab.
6. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
7. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
8. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
9. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
10. Completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. A graduate of an AMA medical assistant course or its equivalent preferred.
3. One-year experience in a hospital or medical office setting performing EKG procedures preferred.
4. Will consider cross training of candidates who are certified monitor technicians. This will require recommendation by a nursing supervisor.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Preference will be given to candidates with a cardiovascular credential.
2. CPR Certification.
3. BCD or advanced arrhythmia courses.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EKG Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.