This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Manager Laboratory you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Northeast which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Manager Laboratory where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Operations Manager plans, directs or coordinates operations of the Laboratory multiple sites and assures adherence to the standards required for its accreditation by the College of American Pathologists (CAP), the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO), Clinical Laboratory Improvements Act (CLIA) as well as compliance with standards of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). The Operations Manager supervises employees and is accountable for cost control, staffing, and discipline.
- Responsible for training and implementation of Compliance Programs for Laboratories. Demonstrates awareness of Medical Necessity Documentation. Assures compliance with standards set forth by accrediting agencies: CAP, JCAHO, CLIA, AABB, FDA, and CMS, which includes patient chart audits. Develops and implements policies and procedures for the department, and verifies annual review of all policies and procedures. Assures departmental compliance with CIA.
- Reviews and analyzes department activities and data to improve operations, and utilization of services. Demonstrates understanding of laboratory methods and knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results.
- Prepares an annual expense budget for the Laboratory multiple sites, adheres to the budget, monitors expenditures, and justifies significant variances. Anticipates, evaluates the need for and recommends new methods, instrumentation or technology for the department.
- Develops goals for the department and follows through on meeting these goals in a timely manner. Acts as interim manager in the absence of Section or Facility Manager. Assists other Managers in developing and implementing departmental goals and objectives.
- Oversees quality control/assurance programs related to laboratory test methodology, equipment, and supplies; understands, participates, and applies Continuous Quality Improvement. Manages projects to include developing a plan, coordinating necessary resources, setting project timelines, keeping Director informed of progress, and completing project within established time limits.
- Serves on Education Committee, Safety Committee, QA/QI Committee and other designated teams or committees.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate degree, baccalaureate degree is preferred, and one of the following certifications: MT (ASCP), MLS(ASCP),CLS(NCA), MT(AMT), MT(AAB), MT(HEW), HT(ASCP), OR HTL(ASCP)
- Minimum of five years full-time experience in clinical laboratory with proven leadership, communication, and project management across departments.
Reporting Relationships: Supervised By- Director of Laboratory Services. Supervision Of- All personnel within assigned areas.
Equipment Utilized: Meditech, PC, Common Office and Laboratory Equipment
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Laboratory opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.