This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have the career opportunities as a Consulting EHR Support Analyst you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join IT&S - San Antonio Division which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
IT&S - San Antonio Division, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Consulting EHR Support Analyst where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Consulting EHR Support Analyst serves as the primary clinical IT&S resource for the development, implementation, and support advanced clinical applications or complex MEDITECH tools across the division. Primary responsibilities include: 1) implementation and support of division wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities related to advanced clinical applications and tools in their specialty area(s), 2) development, execution, and support of division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives, 3) facilitation and project leadership of division-wide implementations of division or enterprise applications, and 4) resolution of complex issues and requests escalated from the division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources.
The Consulting EHR Support Analyst coordinates division-wide parameter management, develops education/training materials for new applications, manages validation of system upgrades' impact on advanced applications, and implements software releases and best practices related to their specialty area(s). This individual participates in the company-wide community in their specialty area(s), supports community growth within the division by establishing and growing strong relationships with all EHR Support roles and core team members, and works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to ensure advanced clinical applications are well supported throughout the division
- Works with the Division EHR Support Specialist Team to identify and promote division goals.
- Coordinates the implementation of division-wide standardization, utilization, integration, and optimization activities in the specialty area(s).
- Develops, executes, and supports division-wide tools and resources focused on clinical initiatives.
- Provides user support and system maintenance for advanced clinical applications for all division hospitals.
- Conducts problem analyses and timely and accurate resolution for complex issues and requests escalated fromthe division Service Desk or other division or facility service resources regarding advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
- Works with enterprise subject matter experts and services resources and the enterprise Service Desk in managing resolution of clinical application incidents and requests.
- Participates in root cause analysis as trends in issues in specialty area(s) are identified.
- Works with EHR Support Analyst roles and Division EHR Specialist Team to provide support for module updates and advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s).
- Coordinates division-wide testing for advanced clinical applications within their specialty area(s); assists in interpretation of test plans and in troubleshooting.
- Works with Education Specialist to design and develop base education/training materials in clinical application specialty area(s) to support staff training and continued education.
- Provides training to division EHR Support specialists and facility EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support
- Analysts and super users (train the trainer) on advanced clinical applications.
- Works with the Division EHR Support Team to define clinical application reporting standards and works with facilities to implement the standards.
- Performs clinical applications report writing as needed and coordinates priorities for reporting requests with the
- Division Reporting Analyst and the Division EHR Support Specialist Team.
- Actively supports and promotes systems standardization, utilization, and best practices.
- Aggregates data from division-level reports and investigates discrepancies in delivered reports.
- Participates with peers in enterprise communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging, and promoting cross-division best practice efforts.
- Identifies, evaluates, designs, and packages division best practices, policies and procedures for clinical application implementation and use.
- Works with facilities to manage/facilitate implementation of standards, best practices, policies, procedures, and utilization plans within a specialty area.
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Builds the division community in clinical application specialty area(s) by establishing and growing strong relationships with super users, core team members, EHR Support Analysts, Senior EHR Support Analysts, and
- specialty networks across HCA.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement
- Participate in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Mature understanding of clinical operations and clinical application support processes and workflow
- Understands pertinent accreditation guidelines, such as JCAHO, MQSA, HIPAA, and ACR
- Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships across a broad range of personality types
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verballyand in writing
- Demonstrated customer orientation
- Excellent leadership and teaching abilities
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Understanding of reporting tools functionality and capabilities
- Must be able to drive to assigned sites to complete work
- Proficiency in various programming and clinical application reporting tools
- Customer service orientation and/or training
- Bachelor's degree required
- Seven+ years’ experience in clinical application support and/or Master's Degree
- Possession/Maintenance of specialty clinical licensure is strongly desired.
- Valid state driver’s license and proof of auto insurance, if applicable.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations. Travel between facilities in a geographic zone may be required.
OSHA CATEGORY: The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support,
and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at
administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states
and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by
seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. Â In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Consulting EHR Support Analyst opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.