Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN Radiology opening with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) RN Radiology for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Seeking an RN for Radiology who will be responsible to provide continuous quality nursing care to patients, age infant to geriatric, through the nursing process of assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating. Will perform all aspects of the nursing process, a large percentage of his/her time is spent on monitoring patients who receive sedation/analgesia and/or are undergoing invasive procedures. Must effectively maintain the standard of practice, supplies and equipment and promote communication and collaboration with physicians, radiology staff and other members of the healthcare team.
What you will do in this role:
1. Provides care to patients using the nursing process as a guide for actions, assesses and formulates an appropriate plan that addresses: educational needs, discharge planning, age-specific needs, bio-psycho-social needs and patient/family preference.
2. Administers and monitors patients undergoing sedation/analgesia per physician order and hospital protocol. Monitors patients undergoing invasive procedures in the Radiology department(s).
3. Demonstrates knowledge and competency of patient care requirements specific to the Radiology department(s) including the safe and correct transporting and positioning of patients, use of and possible reactions to contrast media and radiation safety procedures.
4. Maintains specialized knowledge and competence required to ensure personal safety as well as the safety of patients and others in the Radiology environment. Incorporates National Safety Goals to all areas of Nursing Practice.
5. Employs effective clinical leadership skills. Plans, organizes and delegates work to other personnel based on knowledge of patients needs and the skills and competencies of the personnel. Provides nursing support to technologists in all Radiology modalities as needed including assisting patients experiencing unanticipated allergic reactions.
6. Interacts and communicates effectively with all members of the health care team. Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Graduate of an accredited program of nursing education- associate degree, diploma or baccalaureate program.
2. Must maintain BLS Instructor Certification in order to train STRIC employees BLS/CPR.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
2. Current CPR certification and ACLS certification.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN Radiology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.