This job posting is no longer active.
Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Patient Care Tech PRN with Methodist Hospital Metropolitan you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Methodist Hospital Metropolitan family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Patient Care Tech PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
What you will do in this role:
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, intake and output, calorie counts, and other patient information as outlined by policy.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Serves as Monitor/Telemetry Tech for the unit as needed.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
What qualifications you will need:
- High School Graduate / GED
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department which are specific to the needs of the patient population served, if applicable.
- Preferred: Previous PCT, nurse aide, orderly experience in a healthcare setting, or one of the following: A) Completion of a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) training program and CNA certification with the Texas Department of Aging and Disability Services on hire. B) Completion of an EMS (Emergency Medical System) training program and EMT certification with the Texas Department of State Health Services on hire. C) MHS employee in an LVN job description as of December 1, 2011.
Methodist Hospital Metropolitan houses 370 bed. We house the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our women’s pavilion is the only freestanding, center city facility dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies. We welcome nearly 3,000 newborns into the world each year. We are home to the Methodist Weight Loss Center. We have been designated an American Society for Metabolic Surgery Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence®.
Our hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare. For the fifth consecutive year we are recognized as a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation. Methodist Hospital Metropolitan has been recognized by Leapfrog for focus on safety and quality. We received a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 8 consecutive rating periods. We are proud to be an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the American College of Cardiology and Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission. We were the premier Texas hospital to earn a Gold Seal of Approval for Sepsis Certification. Join our accredited team today.
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Patient Care Tech PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.