This job posting is no longer active.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist? At IT&S - San Antonio Division, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
IT&S - San Antonio Division, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist serves as a Division resource and subject matter expert for implementation and support of the ambulatory electronic health record (EHR). Using a balanced combination of advanced customer service, project management, sales, leadership, training, and technology skills, the Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist role works with an integrated support team to provide workflow analysis, testing, training, implementation, support, and optimization to clinical users of ambulatory EHR technology. The role requires working closely with providers and practice personnel, but also involves working with an ecosystem of healthcare professionals. Responsibilities include assisting providers throughout the healthcare continuum from the introduction to adoption and advancing utilization of HCA ambulatory EHR technologies. Duties also include ensuring providers and practice personnel have training and instruction on how to access and effectively utilize healthcare technologies and responding to, triaging, and delivering seamless coordination for provider support needs. The Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist will maintain collaborative relationships and engage across business units to enhance the provider experience with ambulatory EHR technologies and communicate key provider technology enablers. This role is responsible for understanding the dynamic landscape of Health IT, various digital access points, and common clinical workflows.
Duties Include, and are not limited to:
1. Implementation/Change Management:
- Leads and independently conducts ambulatory EHR implementations for providers and practices (new start-ups and acquisitions).
- Provides Training and Second level support for dictation and voice recognition technologies.
- Plans, organizes, and independently conducts ambulatory EHR optimization efforts and actively supports and promotes system standardization, utilization, and best practices.
- Contributes as a subject-matter expert for installation and support of ambulatory EHR solutions per HCA and Division IT&S standards and guidelines.
- Promotes process changes that improve the implementation, maintenance, and support of ambulatory EHR technologies.
- Supports and assists with testing of ambulatory EHR functionality; assists in interpretation of test plans, troubleshooting, and clinical integration points.
- Works with integrated support teams to address software functionality, content, and defect resolution updates.
- Participates with peers in enterprise communities to develop and deploy best practices for physician support in the ambulatory care setting.
2. Support Requests:
- Rounds in physician practices to ensure ambulatory EHR support needs and issues are proactively identified and addressed.
- Provides direct support of ambulatory EHR solutions to physician practices.
- Documents interactions with physician practices to confirm needs are met, reporting issues to other teams as needed.
- Coordinates provider and practice service requests and incident resolutions through the Division Service Desk. Reviews problem tracking databases and has the ability to track and analyze metrics. HCA-IT&S, Inc.
- Conducts problem analysis, timely and accurate resolution, and root cause analysis for complex ambulatory EHR issues and requests.
- Escalates and works with enterprise subject matter experts and integrated support team resources to identify trends and manage resolution of ambulatory EHR application issues and requests. Analyzes and provides hands-on support for moderate to complex inquiries.
- Identifies and facilitates discussions with appropriate technical group or vendor to resolve the problem and coordinates as needed.
- Monitors and communicates trends and issues that may affect administration/provider relationships, regulatory compliance, and quality initiatives.
- Provides timely response and resolution to provider issues identified and reported in GrowthLink, as applicable.
- Serves as a subject-matter expert for ambulatory EHR solutions and support to the Service Desk Community.
- Possesses a mature understanding of system access and information protection standards and processes to offer guidance and instruction to practice personnel regarding EHR technology, related systems, and reporting access.
- Collects and routes non-standard access requests to governing teams for consideration; Provides timely feedback and outcome to physician practices.
- Promotes system security, information protection, and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Enhances provider utilization of HCA technologies, by offering at the elbow support, one-on-one training, and support.
- In collaboration with integrated support teams, works with physician practices to promote and advocate tools, resources and workflows to support clinical quality initiatives, certification and regulatory requirements, and patient experience strategies.
- Works with Ambulatory Clinical Informatics team to create, introduce, and modify clinical content for the ambulatory EHR system.
- Contributes to Corporate, Division, and Market strategic planning with regard to physician product lines and ambulatory EHR technologies.
- Participates in data collection and reporting efforts, ensuring the accuracy of physician and practice data in HCA systems.
- Responsible for leading, planning, coordinating, developing, tracking and delivery of training for providers and practice personnel on ambulatory EHR technologies and supporting systems.
- Collaborates with Central EHR Implementation and Ambulatory Clinical Informatics teams to design, develop, and implement education and training materials for the ambulatory EHR system in support of providers’ and practice staff initial and ongoing training.
- Develops, maintains and customizes ambulatory EHR system training materials to reflect market or practice or specialty-specific needs.
- Prepares and delivers presentations, demonstrations, train-the-trainer, and special training courses with frequency.
- Trains in a multitude of settings and leverage existing technology to meet the needs of the audience or customer base.
- Coordinate and executes group testing procedure training plans, conduct pilot trainings, and provide feedback to project lead to better serve our HCA business partners.
- Partners with practice, market, division and Corporate colleagues to enable a successful physician experience and foster improved customer service interactions.
- Effectively communicates with customers, maintaining positive body language with confidence and patience.
- Follows up, post issue resolution, to complete customer service cycle.
- Seeks feedback though customer interaction to identify areas of improvement.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Organize/prioritize tasks and maintain attention to detail
- Willingness to update job skills in a changing environment
- Flexibility to manage unanticipated changes
- Adaptable to changing environment of the healthcare industry to physician support
- Possess well-developed leadership skills
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Self-motivated and goal oriented
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
- Acts as a mentor and provides technical direction
- Demonstrated ability to lead group discussions with clinical and information technology personnel, verbally and writing
- Delivers information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results
- Excellent customer-facing teaching abilities
- Exchange information across department, organization/enterprise; communicates independently, thorough understanding of subject/topic; sharing technical expertise or providing direction/instruction.
4. Customer Service
- Demonstrated customer service focus
- Broad experience in providing high-level service
- Lead discussions around providing quality customer service, orientation and/or training
- Building Demonstrated ability to establish and build strong relationships among Corporate, Division, Market, and practice personnel.
- Ability to work well with others and lead focused discussions that facilitate promote growth between business partners.
6. Problem Solving
- Analyze and handle multiple duties simultaneously and exhibit initiative
- Extensive understanding of workflow and how systems are used in physician practices
- Work assignments are advanced/complex in nature; accountable for major projects
- Uses best practices and in-depth knowledge and experience; applies expert analytics and/or technical interpretation to provide highly creative solutions.
- Mature understanding of clinical application support processes and ambulatory EHR workflows preferred
- Extensive experience supporting providers
- Broad expertise with clinical information systems
- Understands pertinent regulatory guidelines (HIPAA) and government programs (Meaningful Use)
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
8. Healthcare Inspiration:
- Knows technology improves the patient experience
- Believes clinicians care for people better when armed with the right technology
- Provides tools caregivers need to do their best work Sees that technology applied to healthcare is meaningful... it matters
- Proficiency in clinical applications, ambulatory EHR preferred
- College graduate or advanced course studies or related experience with 5 years previous experience in healthcare related field preferred.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions: Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
OSHA Category: The normal work routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluids, or body tissues (although situations can be imagined or hypothesized under which anyone, anywhere, might encounter potential exposure to body fluids). Persons who perform these duties are not called upon as part of their employment to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid, or to be potentially exposed in some other way.
ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology strategy, support,
and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient care and business operations. We deliver services at
administrative locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support are located in 20+ states
and the United Kingdom. Our team works to move healthcare forward. We do this by
seeking, embracing, developing, and delivering technology for patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. Â In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Consulting Provider Solutions Specialist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.