Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist Specialist PICU you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, Methodist Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Clinical Pharmacist Specialist PICU where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for participating and leading pharmacy clinical or operational programs. This includes monitoring patient medication regimens and providing appropriate interventions. The Clinical Specialist shall also assist in mentoring pharmacy staff and precepting students/residents and assist in the evaluation and implementation of clinical/operational programs.
What you will do in this role:
- As a Clinical Pharmacist Specialist you will interpret orders and transcribe or verify them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- You will accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- You will comply with facility policy and procedures and regulatory requirements
- You will monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- You will provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. You will suggest appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed.
- You will sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- You will attend and actively participate in daily multidisciplinary and bedside rounds
- You will complete drug utilization reviews to promote rational drug therapy and implement improvements identified
- You will provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- You will lead and develop pharmacy clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership. Develop, manage and mentor antimicrobial management program (AMP).
What qualifications you will need:
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) or Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Advanced Clinical Pharmacist (in a specific area of focus) or at least 5 years of general hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus
- Or completion of a PGY2 pharmacy residency or fellowship
- AND BCPS certification or other Board of Pharmacy Specialty (BPS) certification
- ONE of the following is required prior to the first day of employment: Current Registered Pharmacist licensed by the Texas State Board of Pharmacy or Licensed pharmacist in another state: Provide proof of the Authorization to Test (ATT) from the Texas State Board of Pharmacy.
- ACLS/PALS and NALS required for critical care/ED position dependent on population served.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Clinical Pharmacist Specialist PICU opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.