This job posting is no longer active.
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Coord IECT today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as an IECT Coordinator. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Immune Effector Cell Therapy (IECT) Coordinator is responsible for the planning and coordination of care for complex hematologic malignancies requiring cellular therapies. Coordinates patient care across the continuum from referral through the cellular therapy (CT) process. Serves as the liaison and clinical resource for patients, families, physicians, multidisciplinary team, and community partners.
Essential Job Functions:
- Optimize patient outcomes and quality of life throughout the cell therapy process
- Enters all patient information into StafaCT in a timely manner from referral through CT infusion.
- Serves as liaison between the patient, referring provider and the cellular therapy program.
- Collaborates with both intradepartmental staff (apheresis, CTL, nursing) and interdepartmental staff (Radiology, Cardiology, Laboratory) to ensure the patient gets through the CT process.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with sponsors, investigators, and institutional personnel to optimize the performance of research activities. Participates in interdisciplinary meetings and site initiation visits.
- Travels to outreach areas throughout HCA division area, organizing the yearly calendar of site visits and staffing in outreach BMT clinics.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Experience: Minimum 3 years as a Bone Marrow Transplant Coordinator
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Preferred: 5 years’ experience as BMT coordinator
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Associate Degree, or Registered Nurse Diploma, or Bachelors Degree
- Required: RN license to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date
- Preferred: Certification in BMT-CN or ONC (if not at hire, within 2 years of employment).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Coord IECT opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.