Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) RN EE Health you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist healthcare system which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist healthcare system, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) RN EE Health where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
- Assesses and treats, or secures treatment for employees injured on-the-job according to Employee Health and Safety Benefit Plan procedures.
- Recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.
- Evaluates minor employee illnesses and non-work related injuries in accordance with system policies and procedures.
- Provides screenings, referrals, and information related to Methodist Healthcare System Employee Health Benefits, to include the Employee Health and Safety program.
- Floats between the Employee Health clinic and SWTMH and MSTH. Assures that system policies are practiced throughout the Employee Health clinics.
- Initiates and monitors appropriate follow-up occupational exposures, to include tuberculosis, blood and body fluid exposures and chemical/hazardous drugs exposures.
- Facilitates collection of urine and/or blood specimens for drug/alcohol screenings following the Chain-of-Custody (COC) protocol and in accordance with Methodist Healthcare System Abuse policy.
- Facilitates collection of urine drugs screenings for on-the-job injuries, pre-employment as needed and for cause cases. Evaluates employees returning to work following a NON-work related injury/illness, and when necessary, coordinates with department Director, Manager, and Human Resources as necessary to assure availability of light duty as per physician’s orders.
- Audits Employee Health files when employees present for TB placement to assure completeness of required immunizations, verifying all needed immunizations, medical surveillance, and colorblind testing are up-to-date.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Graduation from an accredited school of Professional Nursing.
- Experience: Two or more years of general adult ER, ICU, Medical/Surgical background.
- Preferred Experience: Occupational /Employee Health background.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations:
- Required: Current RN license as provided by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurses. Current CPR
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Paramedic opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.