This position is incentive eligible.
Executives thrive with us! HCA Healthcare is one of the nation’s leading providers of healthcare services, comprising of over 180 hospitals and about 2,000 sites of care in 21 states and the United Kingdom. We are looking for an Assistant Chief Nursing Officer for our Methodist Hospital Northeast team where excellence creates excellence.
Methodist Hospital Northeast, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
HCA Healthcare has expanded our influence across the healthcare industry by investing $3.5 billion in capital improvements in recent years. Do you want to be an influencer in healthcare? Apply for our Assistant Chief Nursing Officer role today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) promotes high quality, patient-centered care by assisting the CNO in executive-level management of resources, strategic planning, and development. The ACNO has operational and functional responsibility for a group of patient care areas and/or special projects or initiatives. The ACNO will develop communication, knowledge, leadership, professionalism, and business skills necessary to advance to a CNO.
What you will do in this role:
The role of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer (ACNO) assists the CNO in executive-level management of resources, strategic planning and development of policies and procedures which ensure congruence with the mission and vision of the organization. The ACNO has operational and functional responsibility for a group of patient care areas and/or special projects or initiatives. The ACNO will develop communication, knowledge, leadership, professionalism, and business skills necessary to advance to a CNO.
What you will do in this role:
- You will, in collaboration with the CNO, formulate policies and procedures consistent with recognized standards of professional practice and reflecting the intent of regulatory standards and maintain authority, accountability, and responsibility for nursing services
- You will ensure that continuous performance improvement initiatives are designed to measure and improve the quality of care delivered and are consistent with the organization priorities
- You will work collaboratively with other patient care and support departments, fostering a climate of open communication and mutual problem solving activities. Initiates and participates in joint performance improvement activities
- You will assist in managing costs by continually seeking data that will identify opportunities and take action to eliminate non-value costs
- You will assume primary responsibility for projects or task groups as assigned, keeping colleagues informed of the progress toward desired outcome
- You will actively participates with others in planning activities associated with design or implementation of renovation or new construction of patient care areas
- You will collaborate with nursing educators to ensure that identified learning needs of the nursing staff are promptly addressed and that orienteers receive the proper preparation to become independent practitioners
- You will develop and maintain close working relationships with physician colleagues and other healthcare providers in assigned areas. Collaborates with these individual to set goals for the areas or develops action plans for patient care or system improvements
- You will perform other duties as assigned
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required
- Master's degree in nursing or another appropriate postgraduate health science degree is required or proof of enrollment with a written plan to advanced degree completion is required
- 5+ years of experience in management and supervisory nursing role; most recent 3 of the last 5 years of leadership must have been in a direct leadership role in a hospital setting or direct patient care environment required or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Current Registered Nurse license without restrictions required
Methodist Hospital Northeast is a 232 bed, full service hospital. We are home to the Joint Replacement Academy. We offer the latest treatment options for knee and hip pain. We house an impressive neurosurgical program. This program offers services from elective spine surgeries to advanced and comprehensive brain and spine care.
We are recognized by the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association as a Certified Primary Stroke Center. We handle patients with urgency. We are acknowledged by the American College of Cardiology as an Accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCIa. All complaints are handled crucially. We are identified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center for having a Pathway to Excellence Program. We dedicate resources to our employees. We have received the Mission: Lifeline® Bronze Receiving Quality Achievement Award. This is awarded for implementing specific quality improvements. These measures were outlined by the American Heart Association. The improvements impact the treatment of patients who suffer severe heart attacks. This was outlined by the Texas Award for Performance Excellence. We have been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you're looking for a leadership opportunity that provides both personal satisfaction and professional growth, apply to join HCA Healthcare as a Assistant Chief Nursing Officer. Unlock your leadership potential with HCA Healthcare.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.