This position is incentive eligible.
Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) AVP Infection Prevention? At Methodist Healthcare System, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated AVP Infection Prevention like you to be a part of our team.
Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking an AVP of Infection Prevention who serves as a leader in aligning Methodist Healthcare System (MHS) key strategies in reducing infections as well as a primary support for the division and all of its entities. Responsible for establishing mission, vision, goals and direction for effective infection prevention and control programs for hospitals and outpatient services for the division. Functions as main source of IP contact for division and corporate offices. Serves as the division’s infection prevention officer. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- Provides the mission and strategic approach to developing, operationalizing, and sustaining a strong infection prevention program for the Division. Creates a safe environment for all division entities, free from infections by integrating leadership skills with expert knowledge.
- A. Designs and implements a division-based mission/vision statement, a risk assessment and a strategic plan for the Division Infection Prevention Program based on a system evaluation. Evaluates progress and revises, as needed for the division.
- B. Develops goals, objectives and action plans in accordance with MHS Infection Prevention mission and strategic initiatives to decrease healthcare-associated infections (HAI) and any exposures to infectious agents. Responsible for division HAI scorecards and dashboards including
- validation in accordance with clinical goals.
- C. Prioritizes objectives to align with strategic initiatives and budgets; keeps entity programs focused on clinical priorities.
- D. Works closely with MHS and HCA in assuring standards are consistently met and operationalized.
- E. Serves as a leader for NHSN, data mining entities, and other networks within the IP space. Serves as division NHSN (National Healthcare Safety Network) Facility Administrator for purposes of internal surveillance, accurate and timely public reporting and CMS compliance.
- Directs and coordinates infection prevention and control program division-wide through a variety of activities involving medical staff and personnel to ensure protection of patients, families, visitors, employees and healthcare personnel.
- A. Provides leadership for development and implementation of a risk-based surveillance system that identifies trends in HAIs and provides direction for surveillance activities and leadership for analysis and reporting of infection data, developing action plans and interventions, and assessing success of actions in follow up.
- B. Designs with key stakeholders, data-driven, cost-effective interventions to reduce HAIs and occupational exposures, and facilitates implementation interventions.
- C. Consults with Physician Epidemiologist regarding infection rates, exposures, outbreaks and other infection prevention and control issues.
- D. Provides administrative direction to ensure that surveillance programs and interventions to reduce infections and occupational exposures are supported by scientific research, or are innovative but based on sound principles of epidemiology and knowledge of disease transmission, and demonstrate potential for improving clinical outcomes and decreasing costs.
- E. Directs review process of policies and procedures for infection prevention and control and annually evaluates effectiveness of infection prevention and control plan and programs and recommends changes as needed.
- F. Provides direction in areas of questions regarding room placement and isolation techniques for management of infectious patients.
- G. Collaborates with Employee Occupational Health Service in following up on employee infections, exposures to infectious patients, and in developing and implementing policies related to infection prevention and management of healthcare personnel with infectious conditions.
- H. Act as the main source of contact for the EEOC for any infectious disease agents or disasters that impact IP for division entities; directs and determines need for personnel and environmental cultures in context of epidemiologic investigations.
- I. In conjunction with leadership, integrates infection prevention and control measures into newly offered patient care service lines. J. Initiates and conducts environmental rounds of site and remote outpatient settings s at least annually to identify and give direction for opportunities to improve in partnership with HCA clinical and regulatory programs.
- K. Serves as administrative lead consultant and content expert resource for Communications/Marketing on infection prevention and control related topics. L. Serves on Patient Safety Quality Committee and other healthcare committees as appropriate as representative for infection prevention and control.
- M. Serves as regulatory chapter expert for Joint Commission Standards and state standards on Surveillance, Prevention and Control of Infections.
- N. Serves as Infection Control Officer for Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation for Infection Control.
What qualifications you will need:
- Master’s Degree in healthcare clinical or healthcare administration-related field.
- Five years in a relevant, leadership role with expertise in acute care systems, and/or complex, large teaching healthcare institutions.
- 3 years management (direct supervision) and experience of successful IP programs and staff, to include in process improvement in the realm of HAI trended data/outcomes and reduction/elimination of infection prevention risks.
- Current certification in Infection Control (CIC)
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
HCA Healthcare (Corporate), based in Nashville, Tennessee, supports a variety of corporate roles from business operations to administrative positions. Like our colleagues in any HCA Healthcare hospital, our corporate campus employees enjoy unparalleled resources and opportunities to reach their potential as healthcare leaders and innovators. From market rate compensation to continuing education and career advancement opportunities, every person has a solid foundation for success. Nashville is also home to our Executive Development Program, where exceptional employees are groomed to take on CNO- and COO-level roles in our hospitals. This selective program focuses on ethics, leadership and the financial and clinical knowledge required of professionals at this level of the industry.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the Worldâ€™s Most Ethical CompaniesÂ® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our AVP Infection Prevention opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.