Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a(an) Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN with South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!
Seeking a PRN Nuclear Medicine Technologist who will maintain technical skills needed to perform nuclear medicine procedures. He/she will order, take receipt of, handle, administer, and dispose of radioactive materials, as well as generate and maintain all necessary documentation in accordance with current requirements of the Rules governing the safe use and possession of radioactive materials as promulgated by the Texas Department of State Health Services, Radiation Control.
What you will do in this role:
1. Performs Nuclear Medicine procedures and evaluates images for technical quality. Demonstrates competence in all aspects of nuclear medicine: physiology, procedure prep, technical factors, positioning, etc.
2. Administers radiopharmaceuticals to patients for diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
3. Adheres to all conditions of the Radioactive Material License and the Operating, Safety, and Emergency Procedures.
4. Performs and documents wipe testing, radiation surveys, dose calibrator assays, et cetera as required. Performs all required quality control/quality assurance procedures.
5. Generates and maintains all additional required records.
6. Demonstrates competence with and proper use of the Radiology Information System to include scheduling of exams, completion of exams, and entering of charges for procedures performed.
What qualifications you will need:
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School/ GED and graduate of an accredited (preferably by Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology - JRCNMT) educational program.
2. Experience: Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: must be registered or registry eligible by the American Registry of Radiology
2. Technology [RT(N)] or by the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board [CNMT]. If registry eligible, the individual must be in possession of a temporary Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification by the Texas Medical Board. The employee must have passed the registry (either ARRT or NMTCB) and be in possession of a permanent MRT certification within one year of the date of issuance of the temporary MRT certification.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses
"There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Nuclear Medicine Technologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.