Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Electrophysiology Technician Certified Cath Lab you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital Stone Oak which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Electrophysiology Technician Certified Cath Lab where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
The EP Lab Technician-Certified will function as an integral part of the Cardiac Cath Lab team by participating, implementing, and assisting in the care of patients in the Electrophysiology Laboratory. Demonstrates technical proficiency during all Electrophysiology procedures while functioning in both roles of Electrophysiology Cardiovascular Scrub Technician and Electrophysiology Recorder. As the Recorder, he/she maintains good communication with the patient care team to ensure proper equipment set up, accurate monitoring, and quality data collection.
What you will do in this role:
- Demonstrate advance technical proficiency for all Electrophysiology procedures while functioning in Cardiovascular Scrub Technician and Electrophysiology Recorder.
- This includes but is not limited to the following procedures;
- a). Diagnostic Electrophysiology studies
- b). Interventional electrophysiology, Ablation
- c). Permanent Pacemaker, Implantable cardiac defibrillator,
- d). Biventricular Pacemaker and Defibrillator
- e). Laser Lead Extraction
- f). Vascular Closure devices all of which can occur on an Elective or Emergent basis.
- 2. Demonstrate advance knowledge to identify cardiac structures, advanced anatomy of all heart chambers coronary vasculature, the physiology behind the dysrythmia’s disease processes and assist the physician in either obtaining or entering data into the Electrophysiology Physiologic Monitoring System(s) for accurate assessment. Must verify accurate information is gathered during procedure as well as homodynamic data.
- 3. Practices radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA which includes advance knowledge of all regulations, requirements set forth by the Texas Bureau of Radiation Control, the Methodist Radiation Safety Committee and the proper use and storage of personal radiation badge.
- 4. Will accurately report life threatening arrhythmias by demonstrating proficiency in the assessment of Cardiac function, using homodynamic as well as Electrophysiology data. Understands the abnormal physiology or disease process such as; Cardiomyopathy, Myocardial Infarction, Valvular disorders, bypass tracts, WPW and their relationship to the condition.
- 5. Assures that Angiographic and procedural data is properly archived for long-term storage and assures the presence of all components of procedure information in both hard copy and computerized formats. 6. Is required to assist and train new staff and existing staff members, in the scrub/recorder arena.
What qualifications you will need:
- Education: ALL of the following:
- 1) High School Graduate or G.E.D.
- 2) New hires as of 06/01/2013 have to have ONE of the following:
- A. Two (2) years full-time Invasive Cardiovascular Technology experience
- B. An Associate Degree or equivalent college hours (62 semester hours) in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science or higher AND one (1) year (full-time or full-time equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- C. Baccalaureate degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science AND six (6) months (full-time or fulltime equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- D. Graduate of an accredited (by CHEA, USDOE, or CMA) program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- E. Graduate of a NON-programmatically accredited program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology which has a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training and includes a minimum of 800 clinical hours.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Electrophysiology Technician Certified Cath Lab opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.