Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) EEG Tech PRN today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) EEG Tech PRN. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High school diploma or GED.
2. Preferred candidate would be a graduate of an AMA school of neurodiagnostics or a medical assistant course or its equivalent.
3.Minimum of one-year experience in a hospital setting performing neurodiagnostic procedures.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
1. Preference will be given to candidates with registry from the American Board of Registration of Electroencephalographic and Evoked Potential Technologists, Inc. (REEGT).
2. CPR Certification
Essential Job Functions:
1. Demonstrates technical proficiency for basic digital EEG. This includes familiarity with national, hospital, and lab standards for testing. Candidate will utilize the 10-20 system of electrode placement to include manual measurements, skin prep, and electrode application (paste and collodian). Demostrates proper knowledge of montage selection based on patient condition. At the completion of all studies, properly removes electrodes, clean patient/equipment, and documents all necessary paperwork.
2. Demonstrates critical thinking and skill to recognize and correct artifact accordingly. Candidate can successfully trouble-shoot equipment and leads appropriately.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for proper set-up of long-term studies (Epilepsy) to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will be familiar checking the system during on-going recordings and transfer of digital data to reading station for interpretation by a qualified reader.
4. Demonstrates technical proficiency for set-up of ambulatory EEG to include lead placement and patient prep. Candidate will ensure proper and complete inservices for all patients on the use of all equipment. Candidate will transfer all data as necessary to the reading station.
5. Assists physicians to perform EMGs. Candidate will prepare the room and set up the necessary equipment, arrange for patient transport, and provide all necessary supplies for the procedure. 6. Will assist and/or train as needed in the performance of evoked potentials (VERs, BAERs, and SSEPs). Performs patient education about all procedures performed within the lab.
Additional Job functions:
1. Initiates recall of third party vendor for the provision of peripheral vascular studies. Duties will include contacting vendor, entering proper charges, and appropriate documentation.
2. Maintaining all patient reports. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images/tracings, presenting paperwork/studies to the correct reading physician, notifying reading physicians of requests, log book entries, and entering proper patient charges into Meditech.
3. Candidate will take “Call” on a rotating basis; acquires signed physician orders with appropriate indicator for all exams; maintains patient privacy and confidentiality at all times.
4. Demonstrates good judgement in responding to STAT calls and demonstrates the ability to prioritize STAT orders.
5. Maintains cleanliness of the lab to include equipment and facilities. Will follow proper disinfection techniques for such equipment as leads.
6. Ordering of supplies. Check each month for supply needs and order appropriate amounts at the beginning of each month. Restocks supplies on equipment as necessary.
7. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System and demonstrates excellent customer service at all times.
8. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals under the MHS Financial Performance Plan.
9. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
10. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
11. Completes other duties as assigned.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our EEG Tech PRN opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.