Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Monitor Tech you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Healthcare System which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Healthcare System, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Monitor Tech where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
We are seeking a Cardiac Monitor Technician, Methodist Healthcare System who will interpret and maintain cardiac monitoring by observing and documenting ECG rhythms. The technician is responsible for notifying the responsible nurse of any changes in cardiac rhythm or rate. Take the first step in joining a team that works hard to support each other by applying now!
Our Cardiac Monitor Techs have access to a variety of resources to help you reach your goals including:
• A comprehensive orientation process
• Valuable mentorship from specialty specific educators
• State-of-the-art units equipped with the latest technologies in patient care
What You Will Do In Your Role:
• Responsible for observing the monitor at all times, responding to alarms immediately and reports any changes to the team leader or nurse caring for the patient
• You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
• Informs the Charge Nurse of any equipment malfunctions so repairs can be completed as needed
• You will contribute to the team work essential to ensuring quality patient care
• Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions
• You will have accountability for providing a safe patient environment
What qualifications you will need:
• While no experience is required, our ideal Cardiac Monitor Tech will possess at least 1-year previous cardiac monitor tech experience in a hospital setting (preferred)
• Must be at least 18 years of age
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Healthcare is recognized as the most respected and preferred healthcare provider in the South Texas region. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, we employ more than 11,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties. Methodist Healthcare is a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas, Inc. and HCA Healthcare. Since 1963, our commitment has never wavered in consistently improving the health and wellness of our community by “Serving Humanity to Honor God.”
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes nine acute care facilities: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children's Hospital, Methodist Hospital Ambulatory Surgery, Methodist Hospital Metropolitan, Methodist Hospital Northeast, Methodist Hospital South, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant, Methodist Hospital Stone Oak and Methodist Hospital Texsan. We also offer 4 freestanding emergency centers in Boerne, Converse, Westover Hills, and the Quarry. At each of our facilities, we offer an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Cardiac Monitor Tech opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.