Do you have the career opportunities as an LVN you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) LVN Radiology where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Seeking a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) to be an integral part of our health care team. The Licensed Vocational Nurse performs those functions assigned and supervised by the radiologists and lead biopsy technologists. This position is responsible for supporting technologists and physicians in interventional procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- Knowing of the scope and limitations of the practice of vocational nursing.
- Observing, recording and reporting information pertinent to the safe and effective care of the patients.
- Maintaining current knowledge of the organizational structure and using appropriate channels of communication.
- High interaction (verbal and written) with patients in the consenting and explanation of interventional procedures. Focused attention on previous interventions and current pharmacologic history.
- Understands recalls and memorizes written and verbal instructions to insure proper protocols and equipment are utilized.
- Assists physicians in the performance of interventional procedures. (Includes handling needles, sutures and other interventional supplies and equipment.)
- Monitors the work flow schedule and keeps technologists, physicians, and scheduled patients apprised of any changes in the schedule.
- Monitors inventory of supplies used in interventional procedures and maintains an adequate supply.
- Insures proper cleanliness and sanitization of equipment and procedure rooms.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited program of licensed vocational nursing education.
- Prefer candidates who have experience working with sedations, starting IVs and managing cardiac rhythms. Hospital/surgery center experience is a plus. Previous experience in a radiology setting is desired.
Minimum License and Certificates Required:
- Current license to practice vocational nursing in the state of Texas. Current CPR certification.
South Texas Radiology Imaging Centers (STRIC) provides full service, outpatient diagnostic imaging and interventional radiology services. Professional interpretation and interventional procedures are provided by South Texas Radiology Group, P.A. (STRG). With over 70 Board-Certified Radiologists, some with sub-specialization in fields such as neuroradiology, musculoskeletal, body, cardiac, breast and interventional radiology, STRG has experience and a reputation that spans more than fifty years.
Our highly qualified and experienced registered technologists perform medically responsible imaging exams using some of the latest imaging technology available. With twenty-two facilities conveniently located throughout San Antonio, Boerne, and Schertz, STRIC is one of the largest outpatient diagnostic imaging providers in the area. For more information, please visit our website atwww.stric.com.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our LVN Radiology opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.