Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Maintenance Technician you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Maintenance Technician where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Job Summary and Qualifications
A Maintenance Technician will perform general maintenance and repairs for assigned facilities, areas and equipment to include minor plumbing, electrical, basic carpentry, painting, heating and cooling and other building systems. Ideal candidates will be versed in many aspects of hospital maintenance and repairs with knowledge of maintenance procedures and use of basic hand and power tools. The Maintenance Technician must be able to effectively troubleshoot various mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues and will possess strong communication and organizational skills.
- Physically capable and available to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings or nights.
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and plumbing issues, good time management skills and an attention to detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude with the ability to accentuate customer service through strong organizational skills and follow up.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Ability to reference repair manuals or parts catalogs as necessary.
- Ability to complete minor building component repair work that does not require a specialized technician including repairing doors, locks, door frames and handles, patch and repair work for walls, touch-up paint, etc.
- Ability to complete minor electrical repair work including bulb replacement, ballast swaps, etc.
- Ability to complete minor plumbing tasks including fixing leaks, unclogging drains, etc.
- Ability to complete minor HVAC tasks, which include checking hot/cold calls, basic preventative maintenance, filter replacements, etc.
- Ability to complete normal cleanup duties, which include sweeping, dusting, mopping, vacuuming, etc.
- Ability to use various basic hand and power tools
- Assess needs for repair and maintenance of the building and building components both through surveying and receiving requests from customers (i.e. patients, facility staff and visitors).
- Conduct periodic quality checks on building systems and components to ensure functional operability.
- Maintain appearances and functionality of areas assigned.
- Implement the tasks set forth in preventative maintenance procedures as assigned in the CMMS system
- Promptly able to respond, assess and complete corrective work request that are logged in the CMMS system.
- Maintaining inventory records for equipment and supplies as required.
- Ability to plan and schedule repairs within the day to day operations of the hospital environment.
- Maintain open lines of communication with all areas and departments assigned to ensure customers are aware of maintenance requests that have been entered as well as maintenance activities currently in progress.
- Input relevant work into CMMS system for tracking and trending by management team.
- Taking inventory of maintenance parts and supplies and notifying relevant persons of low or depleted items.
- Ability to follow instructions and supervision from manager, supervisor or lead technician
- Ability to communicate successfully with all levels of the organization.
- Works with manager or supervisor and peers to develop and determine work habits and practices for optimal upkeep of the building and its components.
- Continual development through training and learning on the job to provide upward mobility in the future.
- Ability to manage both labor and materials wisely as work is performed throughout the facility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Education & Experience:
- High School Graduate or GED equivalency. Required
- 3 years relevant maintenance work experience in a healthcare setting. Preferred
- Certificate in a building trade, building maintenance technology or relevant field. Preferred
Licenses & Certifications: Credential:
- Maintenance Electrician License, or greater 3 months
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Behaviors:
- Honors our Mission and Values: Ability to build trust and act with authenticity to cultivate a culture of integrity, inclusion and mutual respect.
- Communicates with Impact: Ability to deliver information in a clear, concise, and compelling manner to effectively engage others and achieve desired results.
- Attains and Leverages Strategic Relationships: Ability to develop and strengthen collaborative relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to advance the care of our patients and the growth of HCA.
- Effective Decision Making: Ability to make timely, informed decisions that are in the best interest of our patients, employees, providers, community and HCA.
- Achieves Success through Change: Ability to identify opportunities for improvement and innovation, remove barriers and resistance and enable desired behaviors.
- Drives Execution and Financial Results: Ability to commit to the success and financial wellbeing of HCA by challenging others to excel and by holding themselves and others accountable for achieving results.
- Service and Quality Excellence: Ability to demonstrate an uncompromising
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Maintenance Technician opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.