Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Manager Rehab Services today with Methodist Hospital
Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Manager Rehab Services today with Methodist Hospital.
Methodist Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Manager Rehab Services. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
Responsible for maintaining oversight of the market needs on a daily basis and allocating resources in a manner to meet needs and sustain volumes. This position acts as a Senior Rehabilitation Liaison, who analyzes the market and develops strategies to maximize the program's penetration in the market. The manager supports all of the Clinical Rehabilitation Specialists (CRS) program functions and patient intake, performing any and all functions as needed.
- Coordinates the assignment of CRS to assure coverage of the market. Effectively moves CRS to assure prompt response times to hospitals with a high number of referrals on particular days. Coordinates physician and case management marketing opportunities for the market. Completes face-to-face, in-service educational contacts with physicians, case managers, other interdisciplinary members and other professionals. Serves as an educational resource to patients, family members and caregivers.
- Participates in market analysis, data analysis and development and implementation of business plans for the Rehab Unit. Contributes to the development and maintenance of referral source information such as brochures, flyers, referrals and information kit and other outreach tools.
- Coordinates the intake process to assure all benefit verifications and insurance authorizations are completed. Assures fair and equitable assignment of patients between rehab programs with consideration given to geography, patient choice, specific needs of the patients, census considerations, and the 60% Rule status of each program. Effectively collaborates with Program Directors at each site. Performs on-site and off-site clinical evaluation to assist Rehab Medical Director in determining appropriateness of patient for admission.
- Assist and coordinates the in-take and pre-admission screening process. Accurately documents evidence of rehab admission criteria on Pre-Screen evaluation in a timely and legible manner.
- Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria. Ensures all referral sources receive appropriate and timely follow-up communications regarding their patients and hospital programs.
- Assists Rehab administration in the development of a SWOT analysis and strategic plan. Identifies opportunities where admissions are challenging to attain, and develops a strategy and a working plan to grow admission volume in those places, including analysis and communication about potential qualifying patients being lost to competitor IRF or SNFs in the community.
- What qualifications you will need:
- Education: Bachelor’s Physical Therapy (PT), Occupational Therapy (OT), Masters of Science in Speech Pathology (MSSP) or Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Experience: 5 years managing rehab and/or hospital admissions, nursing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
- Master’s or Doctoral in either Physical Therapy; Occupational Therapy or Master of Science in Speech Pathology (MPT, DPT, MOT, OTD, MSSP)
- 2 years of management/supervisory, medical sales and/or working with insurance companies or an equivalent combination of experience. Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
- Required: Licensed Professional in a clinical health care specialty with current state licensure in clinical practice area or eligible for state license transfer. (Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech Therapist).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Manager Rehab Services opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.