Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our Medical Office Specialist opening with Texas Transplant Physician Group today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.
Texas Transplant Physician Group, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Medical Office Specialist for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!
Medical Office Specialist
Seeking a Medical Office Specialist for our practice who provides clerical expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
· Work at the reception desk, answer phones, greet and communicate with patients and providers.
· Scheduling, canceling, and rescheduling patient appointments.
· Checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
· Insurance verification and verification of patient demographics.
· Filing and retrieving medical records/files.
· Copying and faxing duties.
· Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorization on credit cards.
· Entering charges, payments, and balancing the day in the computer.
· Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value Statement.
· Perform other duties as required.
· Must read, understand, and adhere to all Physician Services policies and procedures. Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct and Mission and Value Statement.
Practices certified as Patient Center Medical Home include these additional job duties:
· Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities and referrals from the primary care provider to a specialty care provider.
· Participates on a team for data collection, health outcomes reporting, audits and programmatic evaluation related to Patient Centered Medical Home.
EXPERIENCE: Less than one year of experience is required, one to three years of experience is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of basic office equipment including copier, fax machine, and computer.
· Skill in dealing with interpersonal issues and customer relations.
· Ability to handle multiple priorities at once with minimal supervision.
· Ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Ability to organize and communicate clearly. Ability maintain confidentiality of patient and employee information
Physician Services Group is skilled in physician employment, practice and urgent care operations. We are experts in hospitalist integration, and graduate medical education. We lead more than 1,300 physician practices and 170+ urgent care centers. We are HCA Healthcare’s graduate medical education leader. We provide direction for over 260 exceptional resident and fellowship programs. We focus on carrying out value-added solutions. These solutions help physicians deliver patient-centered healthcare. We support HCA Healthcare's commitment to the care and improvement of human life.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Across HCA Healthcare’s more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our Medical Office Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.