Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) CCL Invasive Specialist today with Methodist Hospital Stone Oak.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare stock
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer Discounts
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on income.
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) CCL Invasive Specialist. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician, you play multiple roles; Cardiovascular technician or Hemodynamic Recorder during Cardiac Catheterization procedure. In both roles you will demonstrate technical proficiency in all Cath Lab procedures and equipment. You will assist the Cardiologist or Electrophysiologist with providing cardiac patient care. As the Hemodynamic Recorder, you will maintain good communication with the Cath Lab team to ensure proper equipment setup, accurate monitoring, and quality data collection.
Acute and Technical Work Includes:
- Cardiac catheterizations, CTO complexity, Balloon Valvuloplasties, Peripheral Vascular cases
- High-level Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement – celebrating 200 TAVRs.
- MitraClip procedures, Atrial Septal Defect closures, Ventricular Septal Defect closures, Balloon Valvuloplasties.
- ECMO-CPR with patients coming to the Cath Lab directly from EMS
- Largest ECMO program in Texas (need to verify)
- Pediatric congenital program including high-risk interventions
- Research programs (CorCinch, Apollo program, Door-to-Unloading (Impella), Accurate trials, etc.)
- Transplant program that utilizes CardioMEMS, right heart catheterizations, and biopsies
What you will do In This Role:
- You will be proficient in all cardiac catheterization procedures while functioning in a primary role as a Cardiac Cath Lab Technician or Hemodynamic Recorder.
- You will identify cardiac structures, coronary vasculature, and the associated disease processes.
- You will practice radiation safety and observes all principles to ALARA.
- You will assists the physician in obtaining or entering data into the Physiologic Monitoring System(s) for accurate assessment of left and/or right-sided Hemodynamic pressure measurements.
- You will accurately report Ejection Fraction by demonstrating proficiency in the assessment of Cardiac function, utilizing Left Ventricular Analysis program(s).
- You will ensure that Angiographic and procedural data is properly archived for long-term storage.
- You will verify the presence of all components of procedure information in both hard copy and computerized formats.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
- You must have a High school graduate or equivalent
- As a New hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the following:
- Two (2) years full-time Invasive Cardiovascular Technology experience
- An Associate Degree or equivalent college hours (62 semester hours) in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science or higher AND one (1) year (full-time or full-time equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Baccalaureate degree in health, science, natural science, nursing, engineering, or any primary science AND six (6) months (full-time or fulltime equivalent) in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Graduate of an accredited (by CHEA, USDOE, or CMA) program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology.
- Graduate of a NON-programmatically accredited program in Invasive Cardiovascular Technology which has a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training and includes a minimum of 800 clinical hours.
- You will complete initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). Includes specific competency in:
- Diagnostic Cardiac Catheterization, Peripheral Angiography, PTCA, Stent implantation, Aspiration/Extraction devices, Distal Embolization Protection devices, PTA and Peripheral Stent implantation, Vascular Closure devices Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump, Temporary Transvenous Pacing, Implantable Defibrillators/Pacemakers all of which can occur on an Elective/ Emergent basis
- As a new hire as of 06/01/2013 you must have ONE of the below listed certifications:
- RCIS (Registered Cardiac Invasive Specialist) from CCI (Cardiovascular Credentialing International)
- ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists)
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is equipped with the most modern technology available. With over 280 beds, services include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology, oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services.
Methodist Hospital Stone Oak is accredited by the Joint Commission as a Primary Stroke Center and Chest Pain Center. The stroke rehabilitation program has received the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Disease-Specific Care Certification of Stroke Rehabilitation. We belong to the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery. Our surgeons and technology offer minimally invasive options to patients. Surgeons from around the country come to train under our world class team. The hospital has been recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®. Finally, by Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. The hospital is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating. Join our team to be part of the innovation.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our CCL Invasive Specialist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.