Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Unit Clerk you want with your current employer? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Methodist Children's Hospital which is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Methodist Children's Hospital, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a(an) Unit Clerk where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
As a Unit Clerk you will assume primary responsibility of unit secretarial, receptionist and clerical support in a professional manner in accordance with Methodist Excellence standards. You are expected to apply skills in critical thinking, appropriate judgment mental organizational and unit operation skills to perform a variety of tasks. As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge of office equipment operation, interdepartmental function and effective communication and policy.
What you will do In This Role:
· As a Unit Clerk you will demonstrate knowledge in all aspects of medical terminology and accurately transcribe physician’s orders.
· You will complete assignments independently and demonstrate teamwork when needed using effective problem-solving skills, chain of command and effective communication with coworkers, supervisors, physicians, and the public in a professional and pleasant manner consistent with Methodist Excellence standards.
· You will accurately schedule, request or communicate necessary patient information with regard to hospital privacy policies.
· You will demonstrate knowledge and operation/application of unit equipment and software applications and programs.
· You will actively work as part of a team of physicians, nurses, and other health care professionals to support hospital policy and promote patient safety.
· You will assist nursing staff as requested with delegated tasks to support the patient experience.
· You will greet and assist visitors, answer their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons according to their needs.
· You will answer a multi-line telephone system and respond to requests efficiently in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
What Qualifications You Will Need:
· 1 year secretarial experience in a healthcare setting: Preferred
· Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. With over 900 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, oncology, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. We are proud to be the largest provider of the lifesaving ECMO Program in San Antonio, are home to the largest robotics program in the world, and our Adult Blood Cancer and Stem Cell Transplant unit has become the first program to receive FACT Accreditation in North America.
As the flagship hospital, and most comprehensive medical care facility of Methodist Healthcare, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community. We’ve recently been named the No.1 Best Regional Hospital by the U.S. News and World Report for 2019-20. We pride ourselves on providing the highest quality of care possible for our patients, which is proven by our consecutive Grade A Leapfrog Hospital Safety scores. In addition, Methodist Hospital not only received a Primary Stroke Center designation from The Joint Commission, but has also received a Comprehensive Stroke Center Certification from DNV GL Healthcare, designating the facility as offering the most advanced stroke treatment available in a given geographic area. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Unit Clerk opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.