Are you passionate about the patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family! Jump-start your career as a(an) Ultrasound Tech Weekends today with Methodist ER Westover Hills.
Methodist ER Westover Hills, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Ultrasound Tech Weekends. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable organizations. Apply Today!
ONE of the following:
A. Successful completion of training program in either:
2. Radiologic Technology
3. Vascular Technology
B. Associates of Science or higher degree
2. Experience: None required
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Two (2) years of experience as a fulltime ultrasound technologist in a hospital or diagnostic imaging clinic setting preferred.
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
Must have and maintain ONE of the following within the timeframes below –
A. American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS)
i. RDMS- Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer
ii. RDCS- Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer
iii. RVT- Registered Vascular Technologist iv. BR- Registered Diagnostic Breast Sonographer – only if obtained prior to 6/30/2010
B. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (S)
C. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (VS)
D. Cardiovascular Credentialing International (RVS)
E. American Registry of Radiologic Technologist ARRT (BS) only if obtained prior to 6/30/2010
New Hires with experience: Must have within 6 months of hire date.
New Hires and New Grads - (graduated in the last 12 months): Must have within 18 months of hire date.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Maintains skills and understanding of innovation in techniques and equipment in medical sonography for procedures performed.
2. Assists physicians in performing ultrasound-guided procedures.
3. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care to the population(s) served by the department.
4. Responsible for the proper use of the Radiology Computer System (scheduling exams, patient tracking, film tracking, proper completion of exams, capture charges).
5. Follows safety policies and procedures applicable to the job, recognizes impending crisis situations and institutes measures (such as adjusting priorities) to prevent further complications.
6. Understands and follows infection control/universal precautions in the performance of all job tasks. Maintains order and cleanliness. Always practices sterile techniques and prevents cross contamination.
7. Performs high level disinfection using established policies and procedures as required.
Additional Job Functions:
1. May have access to radiopharmaceuticals, contrast agents and other non-controlled medications as appropriate to diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
2. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
3. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
4. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
5. Actively participates in the orientation and training of new employees and students.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Methodist ER Westover Hills serves the Westover Hills and surrounding areas. We are a 24/7 freestanding emergency center. This 12,650 square foot facility includes 12 all-private treatment rooms. We offer a full range of services such as radiology, a full-service laboratory and telemetry. We offer the benefits of immediate intervention for serious emergencies where treatment time is critical. This includes 24-hour monitoring and testing of patients, such as chest pain cases. Our compassionate team of medical professionals work to stabilize critical patients and transport, should they need hospitalization, to a Methodist hospital in San Antonio. Join us now for your chance to offer the community outstanding service.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Ultrasound Tech Weekends opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.