SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
The Registered Charge Nurse IV has advanced leadership skills and is responsible for the coordination of unit operations during a particular shift. In this leadership role, the RN Charge Nurse promotes collaboration among all members of the team. The Charge Nurse role models and promotes Methodist Excellence (ME) standards of behavior while providing optimal patient care. Makes appropriate patient care assignments and is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction; in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224).
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinates, directs, assesses, modifies, and formulates an appropriate staff assignment plan.
- Serves as the primary decision maker for clinical operations during a given shift and modifies staff assignment/mix according to the changes in patient acuity and/or volume.
- Role models professional standards of behavior of the nursing practice as evidenced by the nurse practice act.
- Serves as primary resource for the unit, to other nursing personnel, physicians, and other members of the team. Ensures evidence–based care measures are followed and demonstrates effective clinical leadership skills.
- Demonstrates successful conflict resolution skills.
- Consistently demonstrates ME standards of behavior and holds staff accountable for the same.
Additional Job Functions:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System.
- Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Serves as a mentor/preceptor for the unit and actively participates in unit based meetings.
- Participates in interviewing and recruiting new personnel.
- Cross trains for other functions or positions to ensure satisfactory operation of the department or to permit flexible staffing assignments.
- Facilitates the promotion of teamwork
- Assists in monitoring productivity, and identifies areas for improvement.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Note: Verification of high school graduation/GED is required for those who completed nursing diploma programs.
- RN License to practice as a professional registered nurse in the state of Texas. (required)
- Certification in area of specialty (preferred)
All of the following:
1) One (1) year clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
2) Approved for and maintains requirements of the MHS Nursing Clinical Excellence program RN level IV.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.