SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital specializes in outpatient and elective inpatient surgery. The hospital offers a small, intimate atmosphere and environment that promotes wellness and rapid recovery. With nine operating rooms, our 31-bed facility provides patients with the latest technology and all the ancillary services associated with larger, full-service hospitals. We provide services in a variety of surgical specialties including podiatry, ophthalmology, orthopedics, dental rehabilitation, general surgery, pain management and surgeries involving the ears, nose and throat.
With an outstanding reputation and superior customer satisfaction ratings, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital offers the same consistent, high quality of care the community expects from Methodist Healthcare. We have received the Texas Hospital Quality Improvement Gold Award which honors Texas hospitals for performing quality initiatives aimed at improving outcomes in patient care and demonstrating improved performance on specific national quality measures. The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital under Locations.
The Surgical Technologist assists with the delivery of quality surgical care through planning and anticipating the surgeon/procedure needs and coordinating with the circulating perioperative nurse during surgical procedures. Demonstrates competency in surgical technology; includes gathering and preparing sterile supplies, preparing/maintaining the sterile field, and assisting the surgeon by supplying sterile instruments to the sterile field. Performs routine scrub roles, as well as specifically delegated department duties. Consistently follows current AORN and regulatory standards.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plans for and obtains the equipment and supplies needed for assigned procedures according to physicians' preference and specific patient needs.
- Prepares equipment and supplies according to manufacturer's recommendations and specifications for uses during surgical procedures. Opens sterile packs according to established aseptic techniques and protocols.
- Monitors sterile field during procedure and takes appropriate measures to insure integrity of sterile field
- Prepares medications and solutions for use during procedures under the direction of the Registered Nurse
- Maintains accountability for instruments according to hospital policy throughout the surgical procedure to ensure that no foreign objects are retained in the surgical wound. Takes appropriate action if item count is not correct and informs the appropriate staff.
- Consistently follows safety procedures for Timeout and when handling sharp instruments, powered equipment, hazardous chemicals, and lasers.
- High school graduate or equivalent education
- ONE of the following:
A. Graduate of an surgical technologist program
B. 1 year of experience in a hospital setting as a surgical technologist prior to 9/1/2009.
- CERTIFIED: Must have and maintain ONE of the following:
A. CST – Certified Surgical Technologist through the National Board for Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) (formally the Liaison Council on Certification for the Surgical Technologist)
B. TS-C- Tech in Surgery, Certified through the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
- NON-CERTIFIED: None if they meet the below provision:
Per Texas HB 643, surgical technologists entering practice after 09/01/2009 must have and maintain a surgical technologist certification. Individuals that performed in a surgical technologist position prior to 09/01/2009 are not required to obtain a surgical technologist certification.
- None required (unless used in lieu of education as stated above)
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.