SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
PRN Schedule (hours vary)
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in
the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the
beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process
that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community
when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad
range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants,
emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the
Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support
and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in
the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred
hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research
Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s
Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and
designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please
visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
General Statement of Duties:
The Pharmacy Technician I (Non-Compounding) performs duties under the direct supervision of a pharmacist and assists in the processing, preparation, and dispensing of patient medication orders according to professional standards and practices.
Essential Job Functions:
- Accurately fills medication orders in the pharmacy. Processes medication returns and restocking to the pharmacy. Accurately packages and prepares medications for dispensing as assigned. Accurately transports medications and other pharmacy supplies in a timely manner to appropriate areas while maintaining proper storage and security of medications throughout the organization. .
- Performs daily ADC routines as assigned (i.e. restocks, outdates, discrepancy resolution, loading and unloading, etc.) Replenishes ADCs, emergency cart trays and floor stock accurately and in a timely manner. Provides basic technical support for automated dispensing machines and other pharmacy computer systems. Performs all necessary functions on the pharmacy computer system which may include: patient profile inquiry, debit/credit medications, pharmacy reports/fill lists, print labels, and billing inquiry.
- Accurately performs routine manufacturing and prepackaging maintaining accurate and complete record logs. Ensures that a pharmacist checks all work. Performs receiving and check in of medication/supply orders. Appropriately and timely notifies the pharmacy inventory manager of products that need to be reordered, shortages, overages and damaged product. Assists in management of drug supplies in a cost effective manner and identified opportunities to minimize waste. Assists the purchasing agent/department by ensuring that all expired and recalled medications are removed from inventory and stored in the appropriate area. Restocks shelves in respective areas and orders via the pharmacy want book.
- Identifies critical issues, prioritizes workload and communicates to appropriate personnel any issues in a timely manner. Interacts in person and by phone with hospital personnel in a polite and respectful manner.
- Performs unit/area inspections as well as expiration date checking when scheduled and submits appropriate documentation when completed. Prepares all work records needed for the day including prepacking batch logs, census reports, outdate reports and unload reports. Complies with ongoing processes to monitor outdates as per department procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent education
- Experience: Hospital experience preferred
- Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations
Required: ONE of the following:
- National Certification (CPhT) with Current active Registered Pharmacy Technician by the Texas State Board Pharmacy
- Intern Certification with the Texas Board of Pharmacy
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.