SHIFT: No Weekends
Clinical Research RN
Adult and Pediatric
Bone Marrow Transplant Experience
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 981 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, disability and life insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
Your Role: Clinical Research RN / Bone Marrow Transplant Experience
The Research Nurse is responsible for coordinating and maintaining research protocols and data on patients participating in protocols that are authorized by Texas Transplant Institute Program. Candidate will understand the research study process as outlined by the Texas Transplant Institute Policies and Procedures for Research.
- Primary responsibility for this candidate is to manage research protocols by identifying study related elements, evaluating patient eligibility, development of study tools, data collection, data entry and reporting on study participants within study timelines.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and report data on a regular basis while maintaining credibility and confidentiality of all patients. Keeps Physicians, Research Director informed concurrently of study enrollment, adverse events, protocol deviations, protocol violations, study progress, patient visit issues, monitoring visits, updated study requirements.
- Develops and composes professional correspondence to the Institutional Review Board by accurately developing protocol specific informed consents, protocol applications and serious adverse event reporting through the Principal Investigator.
- Ability to resolve queries through accurate supportive documentation. Coordinates and directs both internal and external monitoring visits and audits.
- Responsible for completing Case Report Forms and databases and IRB updates in a timely manner, as well as, resolve all queries generated by the Registry.
- Ability to coordinate protocols and patient visits with all sponsors and provide each sponsor with its protocol data. Obtains necessary follow in adherence with protocols.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills while developing and maintaining effective working relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Attends department meetings and provide data as requested. Attends protocol specific investigator meetings.
- Ability to comprehend medical records and procedure results in order to correspond with sponsor representatives and accurately abstracts study source data to Case Report Forms.
- Works with the medical team to assist in study compliance and protocol specific education.
- Ensures compliance with any necessary federal, state, system or facility specific regulations or requirements.
- Candidate will interact with physicians and other system or facility departments over the phone or in person in an effective and professional manner.
- Must be able to complete assignments independently and to work as part of a team; to take instructions from supervisors; to exercise problem-solving skills; and to interact with co-workers, supervisors, patients, vendors and the public in a professional and pleasant manner.
- Willingness and ability to accept direction and maintain effective working relationships with management.
- Registered Nurse with at least five years of nursing and/or research experience or other relevant research experience preferred.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas and/or current clinical research certification.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Bone Marrow Transplant
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.