This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Methodist Metropolitan Hospital
Cardiac Ultrasound/Clinical Technicians
PT - Mornings - Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Cardiac Ultrasound department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
What you will do in this role:
1. Acquires a signed physician order with indicator for all exams. Demonstrates good judgment in responding to STAT calls and appropriately prioritizes STAT orders. Ensures patient consent is signed for the ordered procedure. Effectively communicates and explains the procedure to the patient without discussing clinical findings of the exam. Validates the patient and/or family understanding of the procedure.
2. Ensures proper equipment operation during patient exams. Demonstrates proficiency in basic troubleshooting, equipment cleaning, storage and preventative maintenance.
3. Demonstrates technical proficiency for echocardiograms:
A. Adult and pediatric (if applicable) echocardiograms: Performs 2-D, M-mode, color Doppler, pulsed wave Doppler, and continuous wave Doppler. This includes all measurements as needed for a complete study to include parasternal long axis, parasternal short axis, apical 4-chamber, apical long axis, and apical 2-chamber, and subcostal 4-chamber view, subcostal short axis, subcostal RV outflow, abdominal aorta, suprasternal long axis of the aortic arch, and RV outflow to evaluate the MPA and branch PAs. Applies critical thinking skills to assess the patient condition to provide any additional views that will assist the cardiologist in the care/treatment of the patient.
B. Stress echo (exercise and chemical): Performs 2-D imaging at the highest level for the evaluation of wall motion abnormalities. Stress images will include P-LAX, P-SAX, apical 4-chamber, and apical 2-chamber.
C. Demonstrates technical proficiency for TEEs. Set up of equipment and all supplies. Assists cardiologist with probe insertion as directed. After probe placement, tape all data as requested. Upon completion of procedure, candidate will immediately clean and disinfect probe according to departmental policy.
4. Assists with head up tilt table testing. Responsible for patient preparation to include validating the patient is NPO, patient transport, placement of electrodes, placement of blood pressure cuff and presence of a patent saline lock. If continuous monitoring is required, secures the use of EKG monitoring equipment. If labs are required, candidate will arrange for blood drawing. Candidate will remain with patient at all times and offer assistance under the direction of a RN.
5. Demonstrates technical proficiency at carotid imaging. Ability to obtain images of the common carotid, bulb, internal and external carotids with color doppler and pulsed wave doppler. Provides measurements as necessary for a complete evaluation of both right and left carotids.
6. Maintains all patient reports in accordance with Hospital policy. This includes but is not limited to the following: pulling all previous reports/images; presenting images to the correct reading physician; notifying reading physicians of requests; entering proper patient charges into Meditech; performing database and operating system backup; error log review; Hemodynamic Monitoring system data field modification; and proper storage of archived exam/study data.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education and experience:
Candidates must be registry eligible for RDCS/RDMS-FE from ARDMS or RCS from CCI.
Effective 01/01/2013 new hires must meet ONE of the following registry eligible provisions:
A. Completion of an Associate’s Degree/two year patient-care related allied health education program (diagnostic medical sonographer, radiologic technologist, respiratory therapist, occupational therapist, physical therapist, RN program) AND one (1) year full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular ultrasound experience. (ARDMS and RCS eligibility)
B. Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited diagnostic medical sonography, diagnostic cardiac sonography or vascular technology program. (RCS and ARDMS eligibility)
C. Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) AND six (6) months of full-time clinical ultrasound/vascular experience. (RCS eligibility)
D. Bachelor’s degree in sonography or vascular technology (or foreign equivalent). (ARDMS eligibility).
E. Current Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS), Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) or Registered Vascular Specialist (RVS) through Cardiovascular Credentialing International. (ARDMS eligibility)
F. High school graduate/G.E.D. AND two (2) years full-time on-the-job experience in cardiac or vascular ultrasound. (RCS eligibility)
G. Graduate of a non-accredited program in Cardiac Medical Sonography that includes a minimum of one (1) year of specialty training (to include 800 clinical hours). (RCS eligibility)
2. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
A. REGISTERED: Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) and requires:
American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in ONE of the following:
i. Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) for the patient population served:
Adult (RDCS-AE), Fetal (RDCS-FE), and/or Pediatric (RDCS-PE) OR ii. Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in Fetal Echocardiography (RDMS-FE)
B. NON-REGISTERED: In accordance to the educational requirements found in section one, all new hires who become registry-eligible will be required to obtain one of the required registries listed in section A above within 12 months from the date of hire.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.