DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Facilities department as a Maintenance Mechanic. Submit your application today!
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
General Statement of Duties:
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed. Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision for repair. The Maintenance Mechanic must work under normal day-to-day conditions with limited supervision, as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency of knowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an resource for peers. The Maintenance Mechanic may perform other duties of a special nature as directed by supervision staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Trouble shoot and repair electric beds.
2. Trouble shoot and minor adjustment to television basic problems.
3. Trouble shoot and minor repair to nurse call systems.
4. Repair plumbing and clear stoppages.
5. Repair and resetting of fire alarm systems.
6. Repair to operating room electric equipment.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training and experience: must have 4-6 years’ experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least 3 years’ experience in a healthcare environment (not required) preferred.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This may be obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred: Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.Apply Now