This job posting is no longer active.
DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career and submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, is responsible for repair, overhaul and preventive maintenance of hospital owned equipment, fixtures, fittings, furnishings and utilities distribution. Including machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pumps, conveyors, belts, fans, air conditioners etc. Requisitions replacement parts as needed. Identifies issues and uses problem solving skills to make a sound decision for repair.
The Maintenance Mechanic Advanced, must work under normal day-to-day conditions with very limited to no supervision, as well as under emergency conditions that require all equipment function as normal. Has a high proficiency of knowledge gained through on the job experience. Likely to act as an informal team lead, coordinating work for/with others, but not as a supervisor. The Maintenance Mechanic, Building Tech III, may perform other duties of a special nature as directed by supervision staff.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Respond to all trouble calls in the hospital
2. Performs repairs on non-medical equipment, i.e. dietary, environmental service equipment, beds, plumbing, lighting and HVAC.
3. Performs preventive maintenance on non-medical equipment such as air handling units, dish machine and exhaust fans.
4. Restarts and shut down chillers and boilers.
5. Responsible for implementation and coordination of fire drills. Member of hospital fire response team.
6. Documentation of regulatory requirements e.g. The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health and Human Services, etc.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High school diploma and one year technical school or equivalent preferred. Associate’s Degree or 2 years of technical school is desirable
2. Experience: Training and experience: must have 7 or more years’ experience in a related job or equal in training and on the job training, with at least 5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: City of San Antonio Electrical Maintenance License (This may be obtained within six months of hire)
2. Preferred: Electrical; Plumbing; or Refrigeration License
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.