SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the now internationally
acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the
unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to
improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the
most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties
including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants, emergency medicine,
neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship
hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of
hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the
community having been ranked No. 1 in the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards.
We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently
reported by the Consumer Research Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been
nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the
Joint Commission in stroke care, and designated as an accredited Chest Pain
Center. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist
Hospital under Locations.
We offer you a generous
benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
The Visual Monitor Technician provides continuous observation and surveillance of assigned patients. First line of action is to verbally redirect the patient from engaging in at risk behaviors. Summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance. Knowledgeable and supportive of patient and institutional confidentiality and related hospital policies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the AvaSys Telesitter Solution software.
- Maintains visual observation at all times. Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skill necessary to provide the appropriate care to this patient population based on the patient's individualized treatment plan as delegated by the RN.
- Participates in hand-off of pertinent information/behavior about assigned patients when arriving on unit and upon completion of shift assignment. Arranges meal break times with nurse or appropriately trained staff member and informs nurse prior to leaving monitoring station for any reason so that relief may be provided to ensure constant patient observation.
- Provides patient with explanation as necessary, but does not counsel or provide opinions. Demonstrates behaviors in line with Service Excellence.
- Seeks help or advice as soon as possible when patient appears to pose a threat to themselves or others. Participates in a collaborative identification and reporting of patient safety issues. Assures patient environment safety. Seeks assistance with removal of any potential safety hazard from room and reports finding to Charge Nurse.
- Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes, follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
Additional Job Functions:
- Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System (MHS).
- Must learn and comply with system and facility safety policies and rules.
- Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
High school graduate or G.E.D.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Prior experience in the hospital setting.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.