SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
**Sign on Bonus and Relocation for qualified candidates is available**
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-News’ People’s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times – more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals
includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services
in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
As a professional Registered Nurse (RN) at Methodist, you would serve as an advocate for the patient and their family. We are looking for RNs who have a passion for serving humanity and want to deliver exceptional care to those they serve.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Moving, mortgage, and real estate assistance
- 100% matching 401k based on years of service
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Will utilize the nursing process to independently deliver nursing care to
patients in order to achieve quality outcomes and communicates need for guidance/supervision based on self-assessment of strengths and limitations. Promotes a positive image of nursing and promotes collegiality among healthcare team members.
System Resource Pool RNs are scheduled in accordance with the Staffing and Scheduling- Nursing, RN Floating - Healthy Workplace Environment (HWE) and Attendance policies. Requirements of RN unit based, facility based, or system based pools are based on which pool they are in.
Resource and Non-RN Resource Pool RN’s are required to work the following:
Hours per Pay Period:
. Tier II (PRN): Minimum of 36 hours, including one weekend shift.
. Tier III (PRN): Minimum of 48 hours, including one weekend shift.
. Tier IV (FT): Minimum of 72 hours, including one weekend shift.
. Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: Minimum of 36 hours, including one weekend shift required.
. Tier II (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
. Tier III (PRN): 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
. Tier IV (FT): 1 Major & 2 minor holidays annually.
. Non-RN Resource Pool Staff: 1 Major & 1 minor holiday annually.
System Resource Pool employees will be required to float to all Methodist Healthcare System Facilities. System Resource Nurses will be scheduled in units in which they have competencies.
System Resource Nurse can be placed in a unit below their competency level with a modified assignment.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Identifies and individualizes patient goals. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the POC consistent with the patient’s status, and then formulates, individualizes, and modifies patient plan of care.
2. Completes assessments of patient’s/significant others’ response to illness, the use of coping mechanisms and emotional needs, and incorporates family/ significant other into plan of care and reflects the plan of care is individualized for each patient.
3. Identifies and completes assessments of patient/ significant other educational needs. Develops and helps implement teaching plan. Provides education consistent with patient's level of understanding using existing resources for patient/ significant others.
4. Administers medications and treatments safely. Recognizes and reports errors and unusual occurrences. Analyzes and identifies precipitating factors
5. Recognizes and responds to crisis situations. Notifies appropriate individuals of actual or impending crisis.
6. Reports and documents patient's symptoms, responses, and progress. Interventions are appropriate to patient’s symptoms, responses, and progress.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Graduate of a nursing program: diploma, associate degree, or baccalaureate program.
2. Experience: Minimum of at least two years of RN experience with a minimum of one year specialty experience for those floating to specialty areas.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required: Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.