SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Part Time - Nights 11pm - 7am (rotating weekends)
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do
you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start
your career in our Pastoral Department. Submit your application today!
offer full-time and part-time employees an excellent total compensation
package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work
with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life,
disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock
purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about
this fantastic opportunity.
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in
the now internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the
beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process
that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community
when they need us the most. With 1013 beds, Methodist Hospital offers a broad
range of specialties including cardiology, cancer care, bone marrow transplants,
emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics.
As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the
Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support
and recognition we receive from the community having been ranked No. 1 in
the Express-News Reader's Choice Awards. We also enjoy being the most preferred
hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research
Corporation. Methodist Hospital has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog’s
Hospital Safety Grade A, accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care, and
designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. For more information, please
visit our website at www.sahealth.com and
select Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Seeking a Chaplain Clinician to join our team who will minister to the staff, patients, and families of Methodist Healthcare System, serving as a professional chaplain staff employee of the institution. The Chaplain Clinician is responsible for providing care and spiritual direction for staff, patients, and families within the highest tradition of the Judeo-Christian heritage without violating any person’s integrity or faith tradition. The chaplain functions in a ecumenical ministry as an equal team member of Pastoral Care Services’ professional staff with accountability to the hospital Administration through the Facility Chaplain Manager and to appropriate ecclesiastical authority. The Chaplain Clinician provides cooperation and understanding with the clergy and laity of all churches and religious organizations.
What you will do in this role:
- Provides crisis intervention and pastoral care to persons in physical, emotional, and/or spiritual distress.
- Coordinates pastoral care in assigned areas so as to utilize other clinicians, hospital staff, volunteers and/ or local clergy.
- Provides devotional opportunities to give spiritual support for staff, families, and patients through room visits and/or group gatherings for mutual support or worship.
- Assists staff as a consultant regarding bioethical issues and practices of various faiths as they relate to healthcare.
- Appropriately documents referrals and other significant patient/ family interactions in Meditech and chaplains’ log book to communicate on a “need to know” basis. Promptly sends accurate monthly reports to Pastoral Care office.
- Works as a member of the Pastoral Care Services Team to provide coverage in coordination with other clinicians and works with others on special projects to improve functioning of the department.
- Works with other chaplains to provide 24X7, response coverage as needed (PRN).
- Master's or higher degree in theological studies from a college, university or theological school accredited by a member of the council of Higher Education Accreditation or its equivalent (72 hours of theological studies from and accredited program).
- Documentation of completed 1 unit (400 hours) of Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) as accredited by the Association for Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops Commission on Certification and Accreditation, or the Canadian Association for Pastoral Practice and Education (CAPPE/ACPEP); one unit may be an equivalency. If an equivalency is provided, the burden of proof is on the employee to show the equivalent was approved by their individual professional organizations according to their own established guidelines.
- Completes competencies as defined by department, unit, and/ or clinical specialty area.
What qualifications you will need:
As of April 21,2011 provide documentation for one of the following is required:
Ordained by their religious authority
Endorsed by their religious authority
Recognized by their religious authority in good standing.
- Preferred: Board Certification by one of the following
- Association of Professional Chaplains (APC)
- National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC)
- National Association of Jewish Chaplains (NAJC)
Be a part of an organization that
invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates
will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your
application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer
and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age,
marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.