This job posting is no longer active.
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Rehab Department. Submit your application today!
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive
salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our
team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,
PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan
repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Clinical Rehabilitation Specialist (CRS) is responsible for establishing relationships with case managers, physicians, payers, and other referral sources in addition to coordinating between internal and external referral sources, in accordance with the acute inpatient rehab operations. The CRS will ensure appropriate patient placement through clinical screenings and assessments in collaboration with both hospital Case Management and the Rehab Medical Director. The CRS works closely with hospital case management to ensure a responsive and smooth flow of referral and admission processes for the inpatient acute rehab program.
1. Collaborates with Case Management to evaluate the patient information and determine if the patient may need to transfer to an acute inpatient rehabilitation facility prior to returning home.
2. Assists with coordinating the in-take and pre-admission screening process for those patients who will be participating in an HCA acute rehabilitation program.
3. Responsible for accurate documentation to provide evidence of the patient’s compliance with the established rehabilitation admission criteria, on the Pre-Admission Screening form, to be completed within 48 hours prior to admission to the acute inpatient rehab program.
4. Performs on/off-site clinical review of patients in designated facilities to assist case management and the rehab medical director in determining the plan of patient care and identify those patients who could clinically benefit from rehab services. Functions as the primary contact for case management and physician.
5. Demonstrates clinical knowledge of rehab admission criteria and effectively communicates with patients, case management, and rehab medical director.
6. Secures information relating to patients resources and benefits. Advises referral sources on inpatient rehab criteria. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with all referral sources.
QualificationsMinimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
Bachelors of Science degree from an accredited program in Physical Therapy, or Occupational Therapy, or Speech Therapy, or RN.
Methodist Healthcare System
Methodist Healthcare is the largest provider of health care services in the South Texas region and enjoys the highest consumer preference share of services as measured by the National Research Corporation (NRC). Methodist has also won the San Antonio Express-News’ People’s Choice Award every year since its inception and the NRC Consumer Choice Award a dozen times – more than almost any other hospital organization in Texas. As San Antonio’s second largest private employer, our facilities employ more than 10,000 individuals, including 2,700 physicians in all specialties.
Our network of greater San Antonio hospitals includes: Methodist Hospital, Methodist Children’s Hospital, Methodist Specialty and Transplant Hospital, Northeast Methodist Hospital, Metropolitan Methodist Hospital, Methodist Ambulatory Surgery Hospital, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital, Methodist Texsan Hospital, and Methodist Hospital South. We also have 2 freestanding emergency centers, Methodist Boerne Emergency Center and Metropolitan Methodist Emergency Center. At each of our facilities, Methodist Healthcare offers an outstanding selection of doctors, healthcare professionals, equipment and health services from wellness events to transplant services, pediatrics, dermatology, cardiology, oncology and a complete range of other medical services in the South Texas region. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.