This job posting is no longer active.
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Here at Methodist
Healthcare, our everyday decisions are founded on compassion. Apply today and
join a team that is dedicated to serving others in need.
We offer you a generous benefits package including:
Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance
401 K Retirement
Flexible Spending Accounts
Paid Time Off
Employee Discount Program
Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan Repayment
Sign-On and Relocation bonuses for qualified applicants
The Registered Nurse (RN) II is the patient and patient’s family advocate. The RN consistently applies and utilizes the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills, and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients. The RN collaborates with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes. Communicates and utilizes interpersonal skills effectively and role models confidence and professionalism within nursing by active engagement in unit and organizational activities. Demonstrates team work, adaptability, and is a resource person to the patient care team. The RN is accountable for the quality of nursing care services delivered by self or others under their direction in accordance with the Texas Nurse Practice Act, hospital policies, and the Texas Board of Nursing rules for delegated nursing tasks (Chapter 224). Promotes a positive image of nursing and demonstrates team work and adaptability through consistently following the standards of Methodist Excellence.
Critical factors to your success include:
Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process to include:
• Assessment: Conducts comprehensive, timely, and ongoing focused physical, psycho- social and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
• Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn and incorporates family into the plan of care.
• Implementation: Prioritizes and implements a competent, prioritized and efficient nursing plan of care.
• Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluation, anticipates and recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
You should be a graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program. If you have a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) or certification in your specialty area you will be considered more highly qualified and eligible for our RN III position.
You should possess your RN License to practice as a professional RN in the state of Texas or an Active Multi-State RN Compact License. If you have a Compact License you will be required to obtain a Texas RN License within 90 days of hire.
You should have a current BLS and ACLS certification
You should have 6 months of clinical experience as a licensed RN in the specialty area of hire.
March 2009, Methodist Stone Oak Hospital continues to grow and build on our
reputation as a hospital where high-tech and high-touch come together. Ours is
a beautiful, streamlined, energy-efficient, patient-focused health care
facility equipped with the most modern technology available and staffed by
people who genuinely care for the well-being of others. The hospital’s services
include emergency care, general surgery, obstetrics and gynecology, neonatology,
oncology, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and acute rehab services. In November 2017
the hospital expanded by more than 100,000 square feet and increased our
licensed beds to 242.
Oak Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is
designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. The hospital belongs to the
Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery and has become a leader in robotic
surgeries with a highly experienced team of surgeons offering this minimally
invasive option to patients. Methodist Stone Oak Hospital has been nationally
recognized by Leapfrog’s Hospital Safety Grade A and by Modern Healthcare as
one of the Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare. We have also been
recognized as a Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® and by
Medicare.gov as #1 in San Antonio and #6 in the entire nation. Methodist Stone
Oak is 1 of only 102 hospitals to receive Medicare.gov’s 5-star rating out of
thousands of hospitals. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Methodist Stone Oak Hospital under Locations.
Neuro ICU Highlights:
- 14 bed Neuro ICU
- This unit sees about 40% regular (or medical/surgical) ICU patients and 60% Neuro ICU patients.
- Caring for critical Neurosurgical and Neurological patients
- Home of elite team of Neurosurgeons performing complex cranial and spinal procedures
- Primary stroke center preparing to expand services to include mechanical thrombectomy
- Unit employee engagement score for 2018: 93% - We have very happy staff!
- Unit patient engagement score 2018: 94% - We have very happy patients!
- This specialized ICU offers the opportunity and educational resources to become certified in Neuroscience Nursing - plus you’ll earn a bonus each year you maintain the certification!
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
[email protected] recruiter
We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.