SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Methodist Hospital | Metropolitan
Clinical Laboratory Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience
PRN – Non-Exempt
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Laboratory department. Submit your application today!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Seeking a Clinical Laboratory Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience to join our team who works under the supervision of the Lab Director and the lab supervisors. He/she processes specimens for the section, performs routine laboratory tests for diagnosis and treatment of disease, sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Assists with ensuring all regulatory lab standards are met through following policies and procedures of the Hospital and accrediting regulatory agencies.
What you will do in this role:
- Processes specimens for the section; prepares blood smears and body fluid slides, centrifuges specimens, streaks microbiology plates, prepares specimens for transport to reference labs.
- Understands laboratory methods, demonstrates knowledge of pathological processes with correlation of disease states and test results. Independently performs specimen processing and testing to include moderate complexity testing.
- Sets up instruments and performs basic equipment maintenance. Performs basic quality control as instructed, collects quality assurance data.
- Performs clerical duties such as answering telephones, communicating verified test results by phone, typing procedures, performing data entry/retrieval as may be required, filing paperwork and slides, faxing documents, and assisting with inventory of supplies.
- May perform phlebotomy, point-of-care and waived testing as designated.
- Performs work in accordance with laboratory regulatory standards.
- High School diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of Clinical Lab Assistant or related experience in a Clinical Laboratory to include prior experience with a variety of lab tests.
Center City San Antonio is the backdrop for a vibrant and diverse community of patients served by Metropolitan Methodist Hospital. Our 354 bed hospital offers outstanding heart and cancer care, general surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedic surgery, obstetrics and gynecology services, inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services, sleep disorder evaluation and the largest emergency room in downtown San Antonio. Our Suzell Waller Women’s pavilion, the only stand-alone facility in downtown San Antonio dedicated to the health of women and their newborn babies, has earned an excellent reputation, one baby at a time.
Metropolitan Methodist Hospital has been recognized by Modern Healthcare as a Best Place to Work in Healthcare and for the third consecutive year as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation. We are pleased to announce it is the first hospital in San Antonio to achieve Pathway to Excellence designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. We have also been nationally recognized by Leapfrog for our focus on safety and quality, receiving a Grade A Hospital Safety Score for 5 consecutive rating periods, as well as Leapfrog’s Top General Hospital award in 2017. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com
and select Metropolitan Methodist Hospital under Locations.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications. Qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your application today and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.